Self-Conscious when working out

Options
2»

Replies

• linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I felt silly at the gym too...but then I realized, you know what? What looks worse, me working on my health and body or me going into the plus size section and not being able to find anything that fits?

I don't care if I look silly when I am working out.
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    The next time you start to feel self-conscious about doing your workout just try and picture me, a 50 year old trucker with a beer gut, doing jumping jacks in the middle of a truck stop parking lot. That should make you feel much better :laugh:

Damn, that's dedication.

Love it!!
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I love this
    Do you remember when you were a little kid, and you had absolutely NO DOUBT that you were awesome and amazing?? You didn't care what anyone thought. You ran and jumped and climbed and twirled because it felt good, and you never gave a thought to how you looked or sounded to others. When I work out, I try to channel that "little kid awesome." it's not a conceited kind of feeling, but it's just a way to claim your space in this world and do what you need to do...for YOU. So just jump baby!!!
  • Shellzbelz82
    Options
    i am too self conciouse too. i really enjoy doing zumba and i did't think i would be able to do it in a large group so i bought the dvd for home but the trouble is i just can't bring myself to do it in front of my husband because i feel like a right titt when he is watching so i can understand where you are coming from absololutly.
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    When I first started going to the gym, I felt so out of place. All of these in shape guys/girls around me and I was the fat one. Now whenever I see an overweight person trying to make a change, it sort of inspires me. It makes me remember how I felt back then.

Just keep pushing yourself and try not to worry about those around you. 95% of the people around you are not even paying attention, and that 5% might be inspired by you.