OK I caved.

Options
After twenty days on this program and 8 pounds down! Tonight I decided to go chinese. I went to the restaurant with my hubby. It was a buffet style. I filled my plate with veggies of all kinds, brockley, celery, carrots, peppers, onions, mushrooms you name it they were all there sauteed in some kind of very tasty sauce. I also had shrimp and that also was sauteed with the veggies. They tasted so good that I felt like they had to be bad. I ended up having 4 crab rangoons and one small roll! O my goshhhhhhhh! It was all so good. I have no idea how to count this. Does anyone know how I could get my calorie count from this? I hate to call this cheating I just want to add it up and say WELL I guess I went over my calorie goal for today. I will then be able to move on. Any ideas? Thanks Lolly OH by the way the picture of the two lovely ladies are my granddaughters. They are sisters. Meagan on the left and Mallory on the right. This picture was taken last christmas. Mallory passed away in Feb. of 2007 of luekemia. Facing the anniversary of her death is hard and I really think she would want Nana to be healthy! Mallory was 19. In her honor I will continue to be healthy for the rest of the grandchildren and for me! God is good as he gave us Mallory for 19 years!

Replies

• lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    After twenty days on this program and 8 pounds down! Tonight I decided to go chinese. I went to the restaurant with my hubby. It was a buffet style. I filled my plate with veggies of all kinds, brockley, celery, carrots, peppers, onions, mushrooms you name it they were all there sauteed in some kind of very tasty sauce. I also had shrimp and that also was sauteed with the veggies. They tasted so good that I felt like they had to be bad. I ended up having 4 crab rangoons and one small roll! O my goshhhhhhhh! It was all so good. I have no idea how to count this. Does anyone know how I could get my calorie count from this? I hate to call this cheating I just want to add it up and say WELL I guess I went over my calorie goal for today. I will then be able to move on. Any ideas? Thanks Lolly OH by the way the picture of the two lovely ladies are my granddaughters. They are sisters. Meagan on the left and Mallory on the right. This picture was taken last christmas. Mallory passed away in Feb. of 2007 of luekemia. Facing the anniversary of her death is hard and I really think she would want Nana to be healthy! Mallory was 19. In her honor I will continue to be healthy for the rest of the grandchildren and for me! God is good as he gave us Mallory for 19 years!
  • rainbow118
    rainbow118 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I caved too today, i was out shopping with my sister and we stopped at dairy queen. I went to dairy queens website and found the nutritional info for what i ate and omg i was suprised. Anyways i went over my calorie limits today but only by 120.

Maybe try and find a chinese website that lists nutritional values?
  • justmejen
    Options
    Hi Lolly
    Oh well gf, ya blew it, but so what. Tomorrow is another day and you have to put this behind you and move on. The problem with those kinds of places is although you are eating veggies, they've been fried and probably in heavy oil (its cheaper for the restaurant).
    You can visit a site called "Nutrition Data" or "The Daily Plate".
    One thing for sure is that I wouldn't beat myself up about it, just try to not do it too often!!!
    It's hard I know but you are strong, look at what you've done so far!!!
    Keep up the good work.
    Jen
  • badtzmaru7979
    Options
    hey you lost 8 pounds! everyone deserves to cave now and then!!! but here is what i do when i over eat.....

once or twice a month when i have too much to eat and im too lazy to count calories. ... (i use this especially for when i have no idea how many calories i have consumed) i dont totally ignore the day because its not too late to try and work some of those calories off. so i look back at the last 30 days and the day i ate the most calories is what i put down for my lazy day.

then the next day when im not being lazy anymore i try to work some of those lazy calories off!!!
    haha just my stratedgy!!
  • healthychic
    Options
    oh, gosh! I did the same thing yesterday, only with Texas Roadhouse. Those kinds of places don't even offer the nutrition facts AT ALL. Unless you all coporate, they may give them to you. See what Amercia does, they just want everyone to eat there food and not know whats in it, its terrible.

-Danielle