How much do you spend on breakfast?

Options
2»

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Probably less than a dollar. I usually have a fluffernutter or a protein shake and a piece of fruit.

Ooohhh, a fluffernutter. That's fun to say. What is it?
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I always eat breakfast at home, so very little. I usually have egg on toast or cereal with fruit. Probably costs me 40cents either way.
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I never eat breakfast. Maybe once or twice a year. So, that would be €0.00
  • sevesmith
    sevesmith Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a husband & 3 kids to get ready in the morning. Start with a pot of boiling water for instant oatmeal 10 pkg. for $1.50. scramble 1 doz. eggs $1.25 & everybody gets 1/2 a banana (1 bunch for $2.00). For a family of 5 = $4.25. I would think that's money well spent on something else.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Half a bagel (local grocery store brand, frozen) with a bit of cream cheese, and a thermos of coffee. The coffee is probably about the most expensive. Somewhere around a buck or so, total, I'd imagine.
  • monicaroozo
    monicaroozo Posts: 200
    Options
    I buy a big tub of chobani ($5) and a bunch of fresh berries ($8) and some granola ($2) at the start of every week so I probably spend about $3/day.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    then I spend 1.70 on my morning coffee while at work b/c I have way to long of a walk to carry a coffe cup on top of everything else.

I bought one of the thermoses with the built in lid/cup from LL Bean, it came with a nylon drawstring bag that has a carrying strap, keeps a bunch of coffee in it, and will keep it piping hot for over an hour (longer if it's in the bag, well over a day if I wrap it in a towel in my backpack when hiking). I sip at hot coffee all morning.

I also picked up an insulated zip-close lunch bag from the same source to carry all my other food in.
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Protein shake here, so less than a dollar?

Spending $6 on one meal is over $1500 a year on that one item. If you can afford it, go for it! If you can't, don't.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Hmm.. it probably adds up to about $1.50 a day.
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    My bag of granola with mixed berries is around €4, my bag of linseed is around €3, and my natural yoghurt is around €1.50.

So that's 8.50/7 days (usually get more than this out of the linseed and granola) and it's just over €1 a day.

I think your best bet is to eat breakfast at home more often.
  • keegannati
    keegannati Posts: 114
    Options
    Probably less than a dollar. I usually have a fluffernutter or a protein shake and a piece of fruit.

Ooohhh, a fluffernutter. That's fun to say. What is it?
    You didn't have fluffernutters growing up? You poor thing. It's a Marshmallow Fluff and peanut butter sandwich. It's heaven.
  • katheharwood
    katheharwood Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I buy a big tub of chobani ($5) and a bunch of fresh berries ($8) and some granola ($2) at the start of every week so I probably spend about $3/day.

great idea! ...and sounds Delicious! :)
  • duhblond
    duhblond Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I only spend 1$-2$
    Typical breakfast for me is Quaker oats old fashioned oatmeal (buy it from costco and so the cost break down is really inexpensive) or some yogurt and 1/2 a banana.
  • kelleyke
    kelleyke Posts: 20
    Options
    Usually some cereal at 10 servings for 4 dollars a box that's 40 cents, about 10 cents for the milk, usually an orange at 50 cents and quite often a granola bar at 40 cents.

So about $1.40 for around 400 calories.
  • nightsrainfall
    nightsrainfall Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    1 dollar about.
    2 eggs = 60 cents
    8oz of almond milk = 40 cents.

Gives me about 12 grams of protein and 30% of my calcium requirements which are two things I'm focusing on in terms of eating.

However about 10am everyday I eat a banana. Not sure if that's snack, breakfast, or the start to my lunch, lol. So maybe over a $1?