Calculating Jillian Michael's 30 day shred?

Options
I am just on level one, but it isn't in the system..how do you figure calories burned?

HELP!

Thank you in advance!

Replies

• andream1976
    andream1976 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I added it into my exercise tracker using info. I found online. Not sure if I added it to the system, I could try. I'm counting it as 180 calories for 20 mins on level 1. Hope this helps!
  • steph124ny
    steph124ny Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I just put it in as Aerobics, General...I think it was about 140 calories. I'd rather underestimate...but I've gotta tell ya. I hurt!!! LOL!
  • blynn2708
    blynn2708 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You can log it as circuit training. Have fun with 30DS!
  • andream1976
    Options
    I just searched it and it came up for me "Jillian Michaels 30 day shred" :)
  • andream1976
    Options
    I just put it in as Aerobics, General...I think it was about 140 calories. I'd rather underestimate...but I've gotta tell ya. I hurt!!! LOL!

Me, too, but I'm on day 6 and it does hurt a little less. A little.
  • curlygirly80
    Options
    I am doing the Jillian Michaels ripped in 30 and my HRM says that at level 1 for 20 minutes I burn between 254- 290 calories. I am at day 5 of level one. I would assume that both workouts are comparable. But just to give you an idea.
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I used my HRM because MFP wasnt accurate (I actually burned more than it stated) and different days I would burn different amounts. I live by my HRM now.
  • SVPL2012
    SVPL2012 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started on this site today and love it! About 24 minutes ago I looked up JM 30 Day Shred in the excercise log and didn't find any info. Did the DVD. Came back to check the forum and see if anyone else had figured it out and "wallah"...you all have the info!
    I can tell this board/forum is going to help me finally start shedding some weight! Thank you!
  • azwaa
    azwaa Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I was burning over 250 on my 30dshred. A heart rate monitor is your best bet.
  • sweetdee88
    Options
    http://www.calories-burned.buddyslim.com/?s=30+day+shred&posts_per_page=100

i use this website to roughly calculate calories burned for common exercise DVDs. they have a pretty big database. still not as accurate as a HRM, but it works for me!
  • kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I am doing the Jillian Michaels ripped in 30 and my HRM says that at level 1 for 20 minutes I burn between 254- 290 calories. I am at day 5 of level one. I would assume that both workouts are comparable. But just to give you an idea.

I am doing Ripped as well and have done The Shred.... using my HRM. I burn more in Ripped, even tho the shred felt more difficult!

I have added both to my workouts. I don't know if it adds them to the data base or not.
  • spiffany82
    spiffany82 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday and was like no way not doing it again! But I did. Hopefully it will hurt just a little less! I will do it everyday. Its a great work out. :smile:
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Just finished my first one...my hair hurts! Lol
  • MVCL
    MVCL Posts: 3
    Options
    I am starting this today, I don't have a HRM but is a circuit training calculation close to what anyone was reading on their HRM? I am totally nervous it's going to kick my butt! I've started it twice before but given up after the second day, hoping for the willpower to get through it this time!
  • MoonIite
    MoonIite Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I get a 12+ calorie difference when I use MFP's circuit training (general) calculation. My HRM estimates my calorie burn to be between 200-210 kcal.
  • goalpeace
    goalpeace Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'm entering it as Circuit Training...i'm on day 6!
  • joslin2005
    joslin2005 Posts: 138
    Options
    I'm using a free trial of the Jillian Michaels web site and it calculates calories burned for each of her dvds. The 30 day shred level 1 is about the same as the circuit training. Level 2 is about 50-60 more per 30 mins. Level 3 is about 30 calories more than level 1.
  • laylaness
    laylaness Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    http://www.calories-burned.buddyslim.com/?s=30+day+shred&posts_per_page=100

i use this website to roughly calculate calories burned for common exercise DVDs. they have a pretty big database. still not as accurate as a HRM, but it works for me!

Yes, this. I found the MFP circuit training entry was overestimating calories burned by almost double for me.
  • MVCL
    MVCL Posts: 3
    Options
    Wow...almost double? Looks like I will have to start being more careful with my calorie allowance for the day. Thanks!
  • Fit_Vixen
    Fit_Vixen Posts: 201
    Options
    I used my HRM because MFP wasnt accurate (I actually burned more than it stated) and different days I would burn different amounts. I live by my HRM now.

^^^^ HRM would be the best way to figure out how many cals your burning.