Nutella French Toast

Options
After my zumba workout this morning, I was sooo hungry and I need to get in all my exercise calories. I'm craving anything chocolate right now, and really just wanted to eat spoonfuls of Nutella right out of the jar. But seeing as how that would be a bad thing (really, is it so bad??), I decided that I could cook with the Nutella, instead of just eating it from the jar.
Therein lies my idea for french toast.

I took two slices of whole grain honey wheat bread. Spread 1 tsp of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spread on one side of each slice. On one slice I spread about 1 tbsp of Nutella (obviously on the non-buttered side). I then put 1 tbsp of the ICBINB in the frying pan to melt (actually, it was probably less than a tablespoon, just use enough to get the pan lightly butter coated). Then I put my slices together with the Nutella on the inside, and dipped the entire "sandwich" in egg beaters (I use the Kroger brand Break Free). Brown on each side in the pan, just as you would regular french toast. For the next batch, I might use a little cinnamon in the eggs for added flavor.
Here's the breakdown of nutritional facts per the ingredients I used:
Calories: 348; Carbs: 35; Fat: 20; Protein: 7; Sodium: 395
Now for me, personally, I've got 2600 calories on my Zumba days, so this meal gave me a nice balance of all the things I need. Lower calories, good fats from the Nutella, good carbs with the whole grain wheat bread, and a lower amount of sodium. I can lower the amount of fats if I wanted to by using light ICBINB.

And now...here's the picture of the luscious goodness I had for breakfast:

DSCN0652-1.jpg

Replies

• Linda6580
    Linda6580 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    This sounds and looks so yummy. I think my daughters would love the surprise in middle also! Going to try this!
  • Molissa08
    Molissa08 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Looks amazing!
  • Orkydd
    Orkydd Posts: 11
    Options
    Sooooooo going to try this! Nutella is delicious!