Replies

• AyaEtman
    AyaEtman Posts: 10
    Options
    That's so fun :laugh:
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    There are just so many factors that go into it. i.e. I weigh 252. Most people who see me assume I weigh substantially less.....I do have a lot of muscle mass......I don't know what weight I want to get to....I will know it when I see it. That said it will likely be a substantially higher weight than someone else my height who does not have much muscle mass.
  • FlittyGetsFit
    Options
    Isn't it equally moronic to need to track all your calories and exercise to try to lose weight, or to join a site and talk to strangers about it? After all. It's so easy, you just get off your butt and lose the weight!

Alternatively, someone who's been overweight for a long time, has been dieting for a long time and is feeling a bit low, might feel encouraged and inspired by a picture of someone at a similar height and goal weight to them. It could be just the boost they need to continue their journey.

I'm thinking a success stories forum might not be the best place for you, at least to keep your anger levels down...
  • DyanCB
    DyanCB Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with posters, not with the OP. Even though there are so many variables that go into how a body looks seeing other's photos are motivational for me. Reality sets in, I know I won't look exactly like the photo but, as a visual person, it helps me to see the possibilities.

As a matter of fact, my expectations of my own fitness goals were raised after seeing other's photos on this site.I told myself the story that my age and height would limit me. The reality is only I limit me, and some photos here helped me see that.

OP, maybe they don't work for you - and that is quite fine. But, i would prefer the option here, as would others it seems.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    mybodygallery.com is awesome too!

this, you can choose your body type and pants size to make it more reliable.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Bwahah

I went to this site: http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/heightweight.html

Picked my height and weight.. the 2nd pic that comes up is a guy posing with an automatic rifle..
  • bholmes21
    bholmes21 Posts: 59 Member
    Options

YES it is!
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Yes, this post is truly worthy of being in the "success stories" boards.

:noway: :noway: :noway:
  • OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options

very cool!
  • Bulldogmama1
    Bulldogmama1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Isn't it equally moronic to need to track all your calories and exercise to try to lose weight, or to join a site and talk to strangers about it? After all. It's so easy, you just get off your butt and lose the weight!

Alternatively, someone who's been overweight for a long time, has been dieting for a long time and is feeling a bit low, might feel encouraged and inspired by a picture of someone at a similar height and goal weight to them. It could be just the boost they need to continue their journey.

I'm thinking a success stories forum might not be the best place for you, at least to keep your anger levels down...

This.
  • ohsweetcalamity
    ohsweetcalamity Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Sorry if my rant offended everyone. Just was sick of seeing post after post asking different ht/wt combos specifically to see what they would look like. I'm a friendly, supportive person, you can go through my previous posts and see that I'm really not a meanie. Just annoyed and venting. Like so many people here were happy to tell me, if you don't like it, don't read it and don't respond. A debate is no fun if everyone agrees.
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options

Agreed. Thanks for posting the link. And to the OP--Nope, those questions don't bother me at all.
  • kschr201
    kschr201 Posts: 219 Member
    Options

Whoa, that website is crazy! But there are so many variables that go into 'how you look' it just seems silly to use someone else's picture as a predictive tool. I know people that are my height and weigh 15 lbs more than me, but are in better shape so they're much thinner. I also know people who weigh less than me but have bigger measurements. It's a cool website, though.

I agree with that. I think the concept is there but they haven't fleshed it out yet. If I pick my height and current weight 5'5" 130's there's 5 or 6 examples that all look totally different. which is really eye opening that people will all look totally different at the same weight
  • cristileigh
    cristileigh Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Just for a reference, here is what 5'1" and 1200 lbs looks like (for real stats, no joke):

250px-Smart_Fortwo_passion_front.jpg
    :drinker:

LMAO!
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    Visited the links and the ladies, same height and weight as myself, look way bigger than me or am I deluded? :laugh: :laugh:
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Seriously, kids, these 'what does ___ weight at ____ height look like' posts are idiotic. This is like asking if someone has red hair so they can tell you what you'll look like with red hair. If you're wondering what you'll look like at that weight, move your butt and just lose some weight! If you're here because you're overweight or obese (as many of us including myself are), do you really need to look at pictures of people at lower weights, like there's some sort of debate over whether you should exercise or not? Just do it. You don't need an example picture, the answer is easy: you'll look less fat.

There ARE stupid questions, and this is definitely one of them. This is a great place to ask real questions about nutrition and fitness, but stop wasting everyone's time with moronic requests. If you wanna see what you look like 50 lbs smaller, lose 50 lbs and take a picture yourself.

Is anyone else really, really annoyed by these posts???
    I hear what you are saying. But now all I can think about is how I would look with red hair.
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Boo. Another waste-of-time thread. Take your rants to your own wall. Or see a therapist.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Seriously, kids, these 'what does ___ weight at ____ height look like' posts are idiotic. This is like asking if someone has red hair so they can tell you what you'll look like with red hair. If you're wondering what you'll look like at that weight, move your butt and just lose some weight! If you're here because you're overweight or obese (as many of us including myself are), do you really need to look at pictures of people at lower weights, like there's some sort of debate over whether you should exercise or not? Just do it. You don't need an example picture, the answer is easy: you'll look less fat.

There ARE stupid questions, and this is definitely one of them. This is a great place to ask real questions about nutrition and fitness, but stop wasting everyone's time with moronic requests. If you wanna see what you look like 50 lbs smaller, lose 50 lbs and take a picture yourself.

Is anyone else really, really annoyed by these posts???

Nope, not moronic at all.

Might be hard for you to fathom that someone who has never been at a healthy adult weight before might be curious of what they could look like, and seeing other people at a lower weight who are at the same height and shape (hourglass, apple, pear, etc) might be a little bit of motivation as in "wow, I never thought I could look anything close to how they look!"

It also helps me at least to be realistic about my own goals. Mybodygallery helped me to realize that my original goal weight of 140lbs might not be ideal, and I might be happy at 165 lbs. It has nothing to do with whether I choose to exercise or not, unless you consider that I currently lift weights so I don't look skinny-fat.

Say it with me now: To Each Their Own.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Wow, rude much??????? I think everyone has a rite to post whatever question they like.

Vanity questions dealing with how or what someone looks like that go beyond their achievements should be left off a fitness site/forums. Seriously...all they do is seek attention. Additionally, everyone's body is different. There is nothing that is going to show them what they will look like that is accurate.
  • 8869heather
    Options
    LOL!!!!! <3 love it :heart:
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!