Inexpensive HRM?

Options
nikii14
nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
I'm looking for an inexpensive HRM. Can anyone suggest one? or where to find it?
Are the cheaper ones crappy?? :tongue:

Thanks for the input:flowerforyou:

Replies

• hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    You can find a decent one on eBay or buy.com.

Oh yeah, amazon has deals sometimes too ... just look for one with a chest strap.
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Not sure where you live, but I got mine at a Big 5 Sporting Goods. They are having a sale right now on the HRM... I got a $119 HRM for $49!!! And... it's fabulous! If you have one near you, check them out!
  • 135gratitude
    135gratitude Posts: 364
    Options
    Polar F4 or F6 - around $80-$120 US but worth every penny. I don't think you need anything fancier! You need one with a chest strap, so that you get a continual reading, and a calorie count. You obviously also want to be able to enter your height and weight, so that it can be more accurate.

Good luck on your search!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    You can also try Overstock.com. They tend to have goo deals.
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    to answer your question I would have to say that cheap electronics are crappy, yes. Like most things you get what you pay for. I would suggest saving up for a good one, you'll only get better more acurate results.
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I just went to TARGET tonight and saw them there for 26.95 for a cheap brand , and a POLAR one for 49.00:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    good luck! I wanted on but I was window shopping
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Polar F4 or F6 - around $80-$120 US but worth every penny. I don't think you need anything fancier! You need one with a chest strap, so that you get a continual reading, and a calorie count. You obviously also want to be able to enter your height and weight, so that it can be more accurate.

Walmart has the F4 on sale for $72 right now.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options

Walmart has the F4 on sale for $72 right now.

I got mine cheaper on eBay with shipping.
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Yay! there is one ending on ebay in 11 hours for 25.00 so far! i would try to go taht route! it looks great and still in the box:bigsmile:
  • wmcnicol
    wmcnicol Posts: 144
    Options
    I actually got mine at wal mart and it was like 30 dollars and it seems to work pretty well. I have had it for 2 months and haven't had any problems with it. Its really easy to use and set up and everything. I guess it all just depends on what all you want it to do.
  • fanta014
    fanta014 Posts: 56
    Options
    I was just checking out some HRM's, and now thinking about getting a Polar F4 or F7, or then Suunto T1C or some other Suunto one. My cousin works at Suunto so I guess I should ask her about the Suunto ones and if she could get me one with some sort of discount :happy:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    things to have in an HRM are:

-calorie calculator, this is a must.
    - chest strap, or some other means to actively track your pulse.
    - Coded transmitter, without it, other HRM's can interfere with yours (big issue if you work out in a gym)
    - Confirm that it takes your age, weight, activity level, VO2 Max (maximal oxygen intake), sex, resting heart rate.

The F6 does all these things. The F4 does all but the coded transmitter. I think the Reebok one does too. I would steer clear of the no-name brands from Walmart and such, as you don't know what the quality level is, and have no idea what formula's they use and how accurate they are.