hips

Options
ugh i have wide hips/lower back.
ANY good tips/ideas/workouts?

ps...anyone know foods that MAKE u lose belly fat?

thx guys! <33

Replies

• MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    theres this amazing new food that helps with body fat called RUNNING YOUR *kitten* OFF EVERY DAY!!! LOL, seriously though. I've never heard of food that targets belly fat. From what I understand and have learned you cannot target any certain area of body fat. Just work out like crazy and it'll happen, trust me... I can almost see my abs clearly.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. It comes off where it feels like it.

Which is why I am boney on top and yet have a belly and flabby thighs. :tongue:

Hopefully once my weight stabilizes, the fat will redistribute itself somewhat. My trainer says it will because I'm lifting weights now. I guess I'll just have to trust him because I know if I gain a few pounds, it will end up on the bottom and I'll *still* be boney on top!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    There are no foods that make you LOOSE belly fat, or any other fat for that matter, but there are foods that give you the right amount of energy over long periods, which is conducive to not putting more fat into those areas.

Things like fruits and veggies have fiber and complex carbs, which take a long time to digest and don't spike blood sugar, this helps to give you a slow, even amount of fuel over the long term, instead of simple carbs (like white rice and bleached flour) which basically flood your body with fuel, forcing your body to store some of it as fat.

Things like whole grains are good for this as well. If you make sure to eat whole grains, plenty of veggies, some fruit, and good portions of dietary unsaturated fats and some lean meats with relatively low percentages of cholesterol, you should be good.

Mix that with a moderate deficit, and a moderately vigorous to vigorous cardio fitness program and you'll lose the belly fat eventually, it may take a little time, but there it is.