Newbie - 1200 calories

Options
I've been doing MFP for about a year now, but just recently have started to become more active with it. I have lost 19 pounds and would like to lose an additional 40. I'm currently on 1200 calorie day diet and would love to have some friends on here with similar calorie goals so that we can share food ideas, because I am still struggling with that!!!

Thanks!!

Replies

• Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I want to loose about 40 lbs too. Im currently 190 and trying out the 1200 calorie a day thing as well. :)
  • ashemoran
    ashemoran Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great!!
  • SmileyNicki_78
    SmileyNicki_78 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My total goal is to lose 85lbs...I'm down 39 with 46 to go!! I only get 1200 a day too!! It's slowly getting easier!!
  • rachaelcousins
    Options
    Im on 1200 cals add me if you like :-)
  • cmwhited6204
    cmwhited6204 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    You can go ahead and add me. I just started this week and it is hard in the middle of the day. Is there anything any of you have found to snack on.

Christine
  • Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I found a low calorie snack, its in the baby aisle. The Gerber Puffs for kids. They don't taste terrible and 1/2 a cup is only 25 calories. :)
  • TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    I want to lose 30 lbs, I am doing 1200- 1300 calories a day. Add me if you like. I am on every day and love this site.
  • greenteasky
    greenteasky Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i want to lose 20lb. I'm also on 1200 cal. add me =)
  • justkrissy
    justkrissy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want. I'm doing about 1200-1300. I still have anout 50lbs to lose
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    I'm on 1200 calories and have been doing it quite a while. I'm getting close to done and going to switch to maintenance in a week or two probably, maybe even three or four. I'm not sure, but I'm gonna get there! You can add me if you want.
  • ashemoran
    ashemoran Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I do okay while I'm at work. Well I say that, but I eat out for lunch pretty much everyday and I don't always make the best choices. And the weekends when I'm at home are always bad too. I have to small kids and have yet to find a way to add a work out to my day. Excuses, excuses, excuses...
  • justkrissy
    justkrissy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I do okay while I'm at work. Well I say that, but I eat out for lunch pretty much everyday and I don't always make the best choices. And the weekends when I'm at home are always bad too. I have to small kids and have yet to find a way to add a work out to my day. Excuses, excuses, excuses...

Best way: Work out videos! lol I am addicted to them and I do them with a couple friends and they have kids.
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    You've lost 19 pounds, so you haves some tips to share for sure too! =) My gym, Gold's, has free child care. Good value for $20 a month.

*have, lol....and I type for a living! SMH!
  • plainjane23
    Options
    Hi there, I'm with you on the 1200 calorie kick right now. I've been doing this for a little bit, but the best thing while at the 1200 limit is the workout allowance. If you do it right, you can actually eat more calories and still be under your goal for the day- just make sure you work out!
  • Kelly0572
    Kelly0572 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I just dropped down to the 1200-1300 a day because I know I need to,lol. Wanting to go from 200 to around 140/150.
  • redskirt
    redskirt Posts: 20
    Options
    Add me if you like
  • Andreakarps
    Andreakarps Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm limited to 1280 a day. I do well at work, but the evenings, I seem to still be hungry and snack on the wrong foods. Add me if you'd like...I'm looking to lose around 50 lbs.
  • Ashleacurtice
    Ashleacurtice Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I am doing 1200 calories a day also!! Feel free to add me = ) :smile:
  • smurfee11
    smurfee11 Posts: 33
    Options
    check out the eat more to weigh less forum before you decided to stay on the 1200 diet for too long. Sometimes thats just not enough for you to maintain your bodys needs, and eventually you will plateau.
  • sherrylutz77
    Options
    Im new to this online dieting fitness pal. im on a 1200 calorie/day as well. its only been 1 week but thats where i start to get discouraged if i dont see results... any ideas on how to stick with it and to motivate my self more? im about to have foot surgry and so excersising is out for at least 3 more weeks.....