Favorite time of day to exercise

Options

Replies

• coopersmom2006
    Options
    I love working out early in the morning. Helps me get my day started off on the right foot!
  • mtpalacios
    Options
    I usually work out around 7PM :):)
  • mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Pre-kids it was afternoon; tha'ts my low point of the day and I didn't have to think - just did as I was told! Now it's whenever I can fit it in.
  • kschr201
    kschr201 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    10-11pm, I jump in the shower and sleep like a baby after.
  • AngieA324
    Options
    I work 9am-3pm so prefer to exercise straight after work before heading home for a hot bath, my evening is then free to make the evening meal and chill. Pre kids it was 7am gym then work 9am -5pm but I like my new routine more as it fits in with my partners working hours better too
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    As early as 5a.m. :drinker:
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I love working out before work! I get up at 4:15 to eat breakfast and head to the gym. If I'm tired I just down a cup of coffee to give me the energy I need :)
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    no question at the end of th day, so I can work off the day's aggression and take it out on my gym epuipment instead of others :wink:
  • kelif5959
    kelif5959 Posts: 202
    Options
    4am for me! If I don't get it done in the morning - it's not going to happen!
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    first thing in the morning when i can. the only people there are the people who are actually serious about their workout and so i don't have to wiggle past people standing around and chatting. also, i feel like it's a great start to my day.

I couldn't agree with you more! I've gone to my gym after work a few times and it's like a singles hang out!
    5:30 AM is my best time!
  • swt0pie
    swt0pie Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    5-7pm ;P
  • MaryBowen27
    MaryBowen27 Posts: 132
    Options
    MORNING MORNING AND MORNING! I have such a hard time after work or evenings.
  • emgawne
    emgawne Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    even though i absolutely hate getting up early, i love my 5:30 am workouts. :) when i wait till the afternoon/evening i just feel so drained and unmotivated.
  • pundas
    pundas Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I love getting my exercise in first thing in the morning. I'm currently doing the 30 Day Shred and I do it right after breakfast. It makes me feel accomplished because I don't have to worry if I will have time later in case something comes up!
  • coxy46
    coxy46 Posts: 23
    Options
    I roll out of bed and onto my bike - 6am start for me, it really wakes me up and gives me more energy for the day
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    up @ 4:30am, workout @5:00am
  • natalienovella88
    Options
    The past couple of years I have always worked out late at night, usually anytime after 9pm because I hated going to the gym in the afternoons/evenings because it is always packed. I slowly started going less and less and eventually only was making it to the gym about once a week. I tried going mornings before but AM NOT a morning person. I HATE getting up earlier than necessary . Just recently I started a boot camp class that is every morning at 6am and I have been very good about getting there every day (with an exception of last week cuz class was cancelled-but have been going now for about 4 weeks). I now LOVE getting it over with for the day. It gives me so much time to do stuff in the afternoon and evening when I get off work whereas before I would be lazy at home and just dread the idea of getting to the gym and not get anything done because I would only wallow in my guilt of not going to the gym that day.
  • sade717
    sade717 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Evenings are usually my time:) I cant bring myself to early morning! Lol
  • PinkiePie07
    PinkiePie07 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    In the afternoon between lunch and dinner. It's best for me because right now I work at home and it's the only time of the day my housemates aren't home. I'm not embarrassed about doing it in front of them but, with them out of the house I can actually focus on the work out. It's kind of hard to be serious and give it your all when they're trying to have a conversation with you or needing you to help them find something.
  • overit75
    overit75 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Definitely the morning is my favorite.