Question about metabolism

shannahrenee
shannahrenee Posts: 380
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
So, I just started this week getting back to really trying to lose weight and I've been doing really well with my calories every day. However, last night I'm sure I went over because I only had 500 left and went out to eat and I'm just certain I went over. (I haven't logged it yet, so I'm not sure by how much.) I figured when I got on the scale this morning it either wouldn't have moved at all or I would have gained, but I lost a pound! This isn't the first time this has happened, the nights that I go over my calories a little I seem to lose more by the next morning. Is it possible for my metabolism to have gotten used to the lower calories in just 4 or 5 days??? That seems awfully fast. Any thoughts?

Replies

• anf925
    anf925 Posts: 1
    When you diet it's a cumulative effect. What i mean by that is the few pounds you saw drop after your night out are from days that you were doing really well on your diet. If there's going to be any weight gain from that little binge meal than you will see it in a few days. Consider this though if you eat 5 small meals a day 7 days a week thats 35 a week. With only that binge meal 96% of your caloric intake for the week is still good. You can always counteract a night out with a lower calorie lower carb high protein next day or two.
This discussion has been closed.