Relative Newbie Here

Options
April4th
April4th Posts: 140 Member
Well, I just thought I'd say hello. I'm new to the forums but have been a member of MFP since March 16.

When I first started trying to lose weight (this time around), it was last June and I joined the gym at work. To be fair, when I joined the gym, my motivation was merely to look better in some photo ops at a convention I had coming up with some TV stars. I told myself if I could just work out until October (the month of the convention), I'd be happy with myself. My weight at that time was 207.

Surprisingly, I've stuck with it. I dropped to approx. 195 but no further, I guess, hitting a plateau. Then my friend told me about MFP and I joined. I'm so happy to say that last week when I weighed myself at the gym, I was 188 1/4. Doesn't seem like much of an accomplishment, but for me it is a huge accomplishment!

For now, I've set my goal at 150 lbs. though it should be much less, but I, honestly, was afraid to be too optimistic and never thought I'd get anywhere. If I continue my success, I may very well readjust that goal.

Replies