calorie balance throughout the day

Options
So I was reading on prevention.com and it said that you should try to balance your calories throughout the day in your meals. Like having 300 calories per meal and 150 calories per snack. Does anyone know anything about this. I usually escalate throughout the day with breakfast being the least calories and dinner being the most. Could this be why I'm having a hard time losing weight? Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks!!:wink:

Replies

• throughHisstrength
    Options
    So I was reading on prevention.com and it said that you should try to balance your calories throughout the day in your meals. Like having 300 calories per meal and 150 calories per snack. Does anyone know anything about this. I usually escalate throughout the day with breakfast being the least calories and dinner being the most. Could this be why I'm having a hard time losing weight? Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks!!:wink:
  • dhayes
    dhayes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Lacy I was doing the same as you and have been losing consistently 2 to 4 pounds a week. Until last week when I gained a pound but that's another story. Another member posted sometime ago that it doesn't matter when you consume the calories and I tend to believe her.

Having said that I am now working on evening out my calories during the day, eating more at breakfast and less at dinner. The reason is that I was finding that I was running out of gas during my workouts. I go to the gym in the evening between 6 and 8 pm. And eat after that so I was going too long without eating and running out of energy. I have been on the new schedule about 5 days and I seem to be hungrier in the morning at breakfast. But the breakfast seems to last longer in the morning. I hope that makes sense. I am also curious to see if my weight loss starts up again.
  • bookworm
    Options
    I've always heard that it's better to gradually reduce calorie intake per meal during the day...breakfast being the largest meal, lunch less so and a light dinner.