Inability to stop at one

Options
One slice of pizza, one cookie one of anything. I feel so effing hungry all the time. I review my logs and I feel like I am not depriving myself. I don't know how to reign in my desire to dive head first into a platter of food. Any ideas
I have 2 kids I live at home (sadly) and my family knows I am trying to return to my happy weight. (cw 178 gw 145)

Replies

• Allwaysonadiet
    Options
    Read the 'harcombe' diet... Not sure if I' allowed to mention diet books - this is my first blog.... But it makes sense. Goodluck.
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    It might be helpful for you to open your food diary so others can offer their ideas as to what the problem might be. Without that information, I'll just say that generally, people who are hungry all the time but eating enough calories tend to be eating the wrong things. Processed foods (including diet products) and refined carbohydrates, for example, aren't usually great for satiety. Foods high in protein and fats tend to make people feel full for longer. It might not be the amount of food, but rather the type.

Edit: completely forgot to address the main point! If you find that you can't stop at one, avoid buying more than one. Buy a slice of pizza rather than a whole pie. Buy a single serving of a snack food rather than a big bag. You can't eat what isn't there.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    try pre-planning esp when your going to have pizza .. work in 2 or 3 peices in your calories for the day, also cut the peices in half .. i do that now too and it works ,, i can eat my usual 4 peices of pizza yet really its only 2 ( mind tricks works for me, it may not work for you)

pre-planning has been a life saver for me .. b4 i would always go over ..
  • garnet1483
    garnet1483 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I have two ways of handling this sort of thing. First, I practice out of sight, out of mind. If we have pizza, I put what I'm eating on my plate and put the rest somewhere I can't see it. If I make cookies, I take one out at a time, and keep the rest covered (in a container with a lid that snaps...for some reason, that miniscule bit of extra effort is enough to remind me not to reach for another one. And second, I stay well hydrated. I drink a lot of water during the day, which helps keep me feeling fuller longer, thus reducing cravings.