so wait...

naknowlton
naknowlton Posts: 1
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
we need to get pretty much the exact calories..?
not more..
not less??
what happens if you don't eat enough
and still have unused calories??

Natascha

Replies

• Chuck1223
    Chuck1223 Posts: 68 Member
    You lose weight:smokin:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    While this is a little disjointed and hard to follow, I think (let me see if I get it right) you are
    asking: "What happens if I don't eat all my exercise calories?"

If that is correct then here is my answer to you:

Well, that all depends on what you set for your goal, where you are in your weight loss journey, and how big of a deficit we are talking about.

Chuck's answer is, IMHO, a little simplistic. In SOME cases you will continue to lose weight in a healthy manner, in others, you'll slow down your resting metabolism by not feeding yourself enough, and thus maintain even though you are under what would normally be considered your maintenance calories. In yet other situations, you eat far less then you should for an extended period, and either damage one or more of your organs, weaken your immune system and become sick, or become depressed and lose the will to continue.

These are all possible outcomes ranging the scale of severity. One thing I can tell you is that at a certain point, eating too few calories is a detriment to healthy weight loss, and as such you should be concious of how many calories you are burning, and how many you are eating.
This discussion has been closed.