The Final Meltdown 6.19.09

smadag1
smadag1 Posts: 1,368
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Good Friday all
I got new motivation to lose weight last night another aunt of mine was just diagnosed with breast cancer. I know iif I lose the weight I need to it will not eliminate my chances but they will decrease my odds.

I did get a workout in last night just not the one I had planned so I did go over my calories a little but considering what happened last night I think it will be ok.
We head out to the beach in the morning I am so excited to get my mind of an awful couple of weeks we have had here.
Hope yall have a great weekend, were is everybody I have not seen alot of people in weeks.
Teresa, opera were you gals at?:cry:

Replies

• Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    I see our group has really disappeared for this challenge. :cry: I'm guilty as well - even in the last challenge.

I've got to get myself back on track and motivated. I've made some new schedules and will be changing my goal sheet yet again. The 'Vacation' mindset is over. Just got to get better at time management!

Congrats on your new found motivation! I know you can do it, and I'm sorry for your losses with cancer. :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    I have to say I go cold chills reading smadags post about being overweight related to breast cancer.....I had NO other risk factors ladies - so do this for you healthy future!

Yesterday was a needed rest day. Hopefully will gt to jog today - but it's really hot so it may have to wait til tonight BUT my kids will be off so me and my hubby could have a date night - maybe we'll just run together....we'll see how the day progresses...we're supposed to close on our refinance tonight at 6 - I cannot wait to get that behind me.

Was down a pound this morning - had a doctors appt, the lovely yearly gyno exam, the doc was VERY proud of me so that was a nice feeling.

opera-so glad to see you today. keep making smart choices with your foods - exercise when you can - you'll get right back into a routine in no time.
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    My motivation to do this was stepped up when the diagnosis was confirmed yesterday. I am not starting my day good (damn salesman and there doghnust:grumble: ) but I am trying to get back on track. One day at a time
This discussion has been closed.