SuzyQ's Lemonade Pie

Options
This is my low fat, low sugar version of my Moma's lemonade pie. We lived on it every summer.

Yields 16 servings @ 172 calories each

2 - 6 oz Graham Cracker Crusts
1 – 16 oz tub Light Whipped Topping
1 – Tub Pink Lemonade Mix
1 Cup Splenda Granules (measures like sugar)
2 Cups Nonfat Powdered Milk
½ cup boiling water
6 oz cold water

Place lemonade mix, powdered milk and Splenda in a blender. Add boiling water. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add cold water. Blend again. In a large bowl stir lemonade mixture and whipped topping until it is a uniform consistency. Place in pie crusts and chill 6 hours or overnight.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Notes: This pie also freezes well; Moma always made one to eat and froze the other one.

I use the light whipped topping instead of the fat free because of sodium content. I'd rather have a bit of fat than all that sodium!

Calculations are based on 8 servings per pie. (I also entered it into the MFP food list.) I made this one using all Wal-mart Great Value products.

And in case you're wondering, the regular version using Eagle Brand, regular Cool Whip and frozen lemonade concentrate is 286 calories for the same size slice.

Replies

• anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    Options
    is it a pink lemonade mix that's sugar free?
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    OMG! My step mother used to make this. She called it Pink Cloud. I LOVED IT!
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options

Yes. I used the Wal-mart store brand, but you can get Crystal Light or any other brand. My container says Great Value Sugar Free Pink Lemonade.

You use a tub that makes 2 quarts, (but without all the water.)

If you don't want your pie pink, you could use the plain lemonade. Or even chance the flavor of the pie altogether by using some other flavor.
  • TaraDenise
    TaraDenise Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! Thanks for sharing.
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    OMG- I love lemon everything. Bumpity- bump- bump -bump . Thanks a bunch !!!! Cindy :heart:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Does this make 2 pies? I can't wait to make it !!! :flowerforyou: Cindy :heart:
  • indianagranny
    Options
    marking for later
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i am making two of these, one for a bbq tonight, and one for a bbq i can't be at tommorow. i will let you know the results! i plan on using kool-aid mix though...its cheaper!
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    YES. I makes two pies if using a 6 oz crust.

Also, be SURE the water is really boiling or you will end up with grainy pies. It might even work better to dissolve the lemonade mix and splenda into water and bring it to a boil along with the water before mixing with the powdered milk.
  • ellens292
    ellens292 Posts: 176
    Options
    Thanks, Susan, sounds wonderful.
  • learning2fly4
    learning2fly4 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    My family always used vanilla frozen yougurt and cut up raspberries or strawberries, with plain, rasp or strawberry lemonade mix. One pint = one pie

128828.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • indianagranny
    Options
    thanks for sharing this
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    My family always used vanilla frozen yougurt and cut up raspberries or strawberries, with plain, rasp or strawberry lemonade mix. One pint = one pie

128828.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

thats a good idea too...im gonna do that one this weekend, my boyfriend and I are gonna go strawberry AND apple picking. so i promised pie out of it!:bigsmile:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    bump :flowerforyou: I still want to make this
    :heart:
  • freezeframe
    freezeframe Posts: 184
    Options
    Bump, thanks for this
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    I made it again this past week and put the lemonade mix and water in a pan and boiled it to be sure everything was well mixed before pouring it over the powdered milk and blending. No problem with grainy-ness.

So far the only person (who actually liked lemons) who hasn't loved it was my SiL who hates everything "diet" on principle it seems. Oh well! Can't please everyone.
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Thanks again- Super yummy. :flowerforyou:
  • Saudimom
    Saudimom Posts: 136
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

Yes. I used the Wal-mart store brand, but you can get Crystal Light or any other brand. My container says Great Value Sugar Free Pink Lemonade.

You use a tub that makes 2 quarts, (but without all the water.)

If you don't want your pie pink, you could use the plain lemonade. Or even chance the flavor of the pie altogether by using some other flavor.

I made grape once.
    It was TART but the hubby and I loved it.
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    ohhhhh grape- yummy