My Relationship With Consistency

Options
Consistency is key. To what you might ask. Apparently anything that involves reaching a goal. As I struggle to lose these last seven pounds and tone my midsection, consistency just doesn't seem to want to have anything to do with me. It will show up for a few days and pretend like it's going to hang around, and then out of nowhere, it disappears and doesn't even have the decency to let me know that it's leaving.

With consistency walking in and out of my fitness life the way it has been, I decided to do some self reflection. Because this has been going on for so long, I must be doing something to contribute to this negative behavior of consistency. After drowning my sorrows in wings, cheesy potato wedges, and cinnamon rolls upon the most recent void of consistency, I was forced to make myself understand why this keeps happening. I came to terms with the following reasons:

1. Unrealistic expectations for my situation
2. Unrealistic timeframe for my goal
3. Counting the days and not making the days count (stole this from Pintrest)
4. Impatience
5. Lack of discipline
6. Seeking external motivators (comments from friends regarding my progress), when true motivation comes from within

You would be happy to know that I welcomed consistency back into my life today. I can't believe that I almost gave up on us. But I now feel more confident about what it is going to take to keep consistency around, and I plan to do my part in this relationship to help keep consistency loyal to me. I look forward to the great things that we will accomplish together!