Is this salad bad? See ingredients inside

Options
2»

Replies

• Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Mmm. Sounds good! You might consider a spring mix lettuce instead of just romaine, for a few of those darker greens (and hence more calcium and other great nutrients)--or even just add a little baby spinach.

I personally would have a salad like this with almonds rather than pistachios. But yumm.

I've done this with lightly salted almonds before. It was great.
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    The dried cranberries are high is sugar so you may want to measure those out to only one serving. The nuts add a lot of fat, but at least its a good fat! The teriyakis chicken is higher in sodium than regular chicken so you may want to be aware of that as well. Overall though, you could do a lot worse chowing down on a bacon cheeseburger or something.
  • Lasirenn
    Lasirenn Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    It sounds mostly fine to me. I would ditch too many dried cranberries though and watch how many pistachios you eat. I think they're lower in fat than other nuts, but too many nuts can really sneak excess calories in. What I add in salads sometimes is a dried cranberry trailmix made by a brand called Ann's house. The mix contains dried cranberries, almonds and sunflower seeds. I sprinkle 1 serving (1/4 cup) into salads for flavor and crunch.
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    It sounds mostly fine to me. I would ditch too many dried cranberries though and watch how many pistachios you eat. I think they're lower in fat than other nuts, but too many nuts can really sneak excess calories in. What I add in salads sometimes is a dried cranberry trailmix made by a brand called Ann's house. The mix contains dried cranberries, almonds and sunflower seeds. I sprinkle 1 serving (1/4 cup) into salads for flavor and crunch.

Yes from Costco right? I've done that too. Excellent.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Sounds super yummy!!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    A salad without tomatoes makes me sad.
  • Lasirenn
    Lasirenn Posts: 50 Member
    Options

I get mine from Walmart, but I'm sure Costco carries it too. I have to eat it in a salad, because I tend to overeat it by itself as a snack! I love salty/sweet snacks.
  • Jeff92se
    Options

I get mine from Walmart, but I'm sure Costco carries it too. I have to eat it in a salad, because I tend to overeat it by itself as a snack! I love salty/sweet snacks.

I'll eat them too as an alternative to chips. Expensive snack