Lost the baby.. Now losing the weight.

Options

Replies

• teapot35
    teapot35 Posts: 28
    Options
    I lost a baby at 7 weeks, and I had my share of heartache - I cannot know the depths of the sorrow you feel. forgive me if this sounds contrived, but I am so very sorry for your loss and I hope that your recovery is smooth and steady. Please add me if you want another pal - I can see that lots of people are ready to support you here!

You need to take care of YOU now. get healthy and the weight will go.
  • coratime
    coratime Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Caressa!
    Welcome! I don't know the words to say to make you feel better, but I just know you will be successful in your weight loss. Your positive attitude is what will help you do that and to go through the grieving process. I love the way you are already optimistic about the healthy baby you will have in the future. I am new also, and a little embarrassed that my ticker only shows a 3 pound loss, but I just started last week. The best is yet to come for both of us!
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    HI and welcome to MFP. I started my WLJ in July after a loss as well. I won't be trying again but want to try to be healthier for the babies I do have. Good luck
  • Mommagoose4
    Mommagoose4 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I am sure you will find this site very helpful. One step at a time.

I to know what it feels like to know the loss of a children. I have 5 angel babies! I have also been blessed with 4 healthy happy children.
    I too am trying to get my prebaby body back.

If you are looking for support or a friend don't be afraid to add me.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    <3
  • rachelsewardxo
    Options
    Welcome !
    You are one of the strongest people I have ever came into contact with , keep your head up beautiful . This is a wonderful site with awesome support
  • babbs23
    babbs23 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hugs to you and yours.....so many things I want you to know....everyone grieves in their own way......your way is just as good as any other. It helps to put all that pent up emotion and energy to good use. Be careful of the night time....easy to get lost in the emotions when it is dark and you are tired...everything feels bigger! Best time to take a walk, lift some weights, run the treadmill, use the eliptical....you get it! Healthy eats will be your friend! So will a support group......MFP may be as helpful as any other......when you get your story out there, you begin to hear other stories. There are more of us out there that have lost children then many people realize. Be kind to yourself, talk when you need to, even if it makes those around you uncomfortable (they'll get used to it!)

Finally, add me if you would like and I'll share my story with you if you are interested. My perspective may be unique......not only have I suffered a loss myself but I am also a nurse that works in Labor and Delivery. Take good care...

Barbara
  • jorden25
    jorden25 Posts: 19
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! ((HUGS)) to you!
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I lost one, too. I'm sorry for your loss.

Best advice I can give you? Be kind to yourself. Eat and drink well, and begin the healing process from the inside out. Try yoga, and walking as your body repairs and you know, therapy & grief counseling are great things to do for your mind.

((hugs)) to you and yours!
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I think it's so brilliant that you are finding the positives! My niece died young, and I spent a lot of time supporting my brother and his wife - no-one can really know how it feels, but I did get some insight into it then.
  • pbl1966
    pbl1966 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet baby boy. Please take the time to grieve and take care of yourself, I have lost 4 plus a twin to my second son. I now have three healthy (but loud!!) boys so know that all things are possible. Take care of yourself and the sweet little boy you have.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I am truly sorry for your loss, and admire that you are focused on the future. I am sure you will achieve all of your goals.
  • eileenmchu
    Options
    My heart goes out to you.!
    I really feel for you right now and think that you are making a very good decision in deciding to get up and go and to improve your body and mind rather than dwelling on this pain for too much longer, as neither your partner or two children want that!
    Healthy eating and excercise will make you feel great and look great too.
    Best of luck! xx
  • cutethang1
    cutethang1 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I am so very sorry for your loss. Please know you are NOT alone. I am still going through a loss (missed miscarriage). Our baby had no heartbeat. I gained 15-20 lbs while being on meds trying to conceive and after our loss. Trying to get back to where I was. We can/will do this! Add me if you would like to stay connected. Either way. All the best and Good luck!!
  • dynamicwon
    dynamicwon Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear of your loss. The same thing happened to a family member of mine about 18 years ago. I know the exercise will help. I belong to a gym and my friends there really help me get through tough times. Hang in there and stay healthy for your son and angel baby.
  • final10
    final10 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Caressa,

Big Huge Hug. My daughter died when she was 3 weeks old after open heart surgery. She had rare congenital heart defeats that we didn't even know about until we were about to take her home from the hospital. She would have been 3 now.

I know exactly how you feel about wanting to lose the weight. I just had a baby that I gained 50+lbs with and looked like I had a baby but no baby to carry around in those baby wraps I had for her. I didn't leave the house much, except I started going to a gym near my house. At first I just sat there, sometimes crying in the locker room if no one was around. Eventually I hired a personal trainer for a few sessions to get me started exercising. I couldn't afford it but at least she got me moving, soon after I started taking the classes at the gym. Maybe a month or so later I started dieting too.

My husband and I went to a place here called Kindermourn, a support for grieving parents or children. That helped but I can tell you that exercise and the changes in my body were the only thing in my life I had control over at the time. Sometimes I would go to a class and at the beginning I would want to start crying and walk out but I would stick with it and leave feeling better, as best as you can, you know.

Long story short, I lost all the weight before I got pregnant again about 8 months later.
  • rosarenee1
    rosarenee1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm new around here, and just starting out in getting back into good shape.

My name is Caressa, I'm 21, and from the pacific northwest. I'm 5'8 and 197 lbs, and I want to get down to about 155,160 or so. I'm a married stay at home Mom to a fantastic little boy that will be 2 on May 5th, and an angel baby.

2 weeks ago, I was 23 weeks pregnant. I was carrying a little boy named Ryder Anthony, and Ryder had a rare chromosomal abnormality called Ring 13, along with a congenital heart defect. Had he lived, he would have required open heart surgery but instead, he earned his angel wings on 4-14-12.

I'm only 1 week, 3 days post partum so my body is still recovering, however it was a perfect, no complications delivery so I'll be clear to start working out this weekend. I want to get my body in tip top shape ASAP.. I was sedentary for most of the pregnancy so I've gained more than I'd like to have, and I can't stand looking like I've recently had a baby and yet have no baby to show for it. So I think part of the healing process for me is to grieve through exercise, if that makes any sense. Plus, in about 6-8 months or so, my husband and I would like to try again to have a healthy baby. I want to be in the best possible health at that point.

Anyways, I'm sure I'll need a ton of support along the way. I'll probably be around these forums often, so I look forward to getting to know you guys along the way :)

Oh, I am so sorry for your loss. I am sure that is a difficult process for you. :( I think wanting to get healthy before having another child is a great idea and especially utilizing exercise as a form of grief therapy. Good luck!!
  • dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my first pregnancy at 12 weeks and my second at 6. I began running after my first miscarriage and it helped me so much. Good luck to you :)
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.
    MFP has some amazing, supportive people that will definately help you along your way. Feel free to add me, if you want!
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    awww welcome!!
    this site is great, awesome people and support and a really great way to get into a healthier place!!
    i wish you the best of the luck in your travels to a healthier life and we are always here if you need us!