Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Running

b0t23
b0t23 Posts: 260 Member
So this afternoon for the first time in my life I Jogged (or Ran) over 3 miles without stopping to walk.

Previously I had done the same distance but walked about 1/3rd of it while Running the rest. I really couldn't get my pacing down and constantly felt out of breath.

So today I paced myself, felt great almost the whole run, and didn't stop.

3.2 miles in 32.5 minutes

Not gonna win any races with that pace but atleast I ran the whole way and feel great. Although my legs are kind of like jello right now.

Replies

• eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    awesome!!!
  • Great job!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Great job!!!
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    nice! this is what I am trying to do. Congrats!
  • lglg11
    lglg11 Posts: 344 Member
    Nice going ! You are a runner :)
  • cameralinds
    cameralinds Posts: 239
    Dude, that's a 10.1 minute mile pace - that's fantastic. Good for you!
  • awesome! that time is nothing to sneeze at!
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Congrats!! I remember the first time I was able to run without stopping... haven't looked back since. Enjoy
  • celticcateyes
    celticcateyes Posts: 71 Member
    great fitness milestone :happy: I usually run a couple miles a session on the treadmill, but I really want to work up to running (no walking) a full 5k outside.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    That is awesome. Good for you. Keep it up.
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Make sure to exercise again tomorrow! Even it you are sore! It will make it better. I plodded myself for the first time in ages last week, 3 miles as well, took 40 minutes. Was on vacation and there wasn't anything else to do that would get my heart rate going. Next day was killer! But the following days I was walking for miles and hours, so my legs slowly got better. Then did it again this week on the treadmill. I put eliptical with stepper and just plain eliptical on the days before and after and feel better for keeping at it rather than resting.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Outstanding! No better rush than a good run!
  • monstergirl14
    monstergirl14 Posts: 345 Member
    That jello feeling is what I live for - I love it, that's when I know I busted my butt and it's working.
  • b0t23
    b0t23 Posts: 260 Member
    thanks everyone, seriously kind of feeling almost emotional about it right now.

kind of a huge deal for me.

and really I have no idea what sort of pace times to compare my running to so it is good to hear that my time was pretty decent :)

I am 33 years old and didnt take care of myself for a long time. It has been a long road since last August when I was happy to walk and job 1 mile.

I started riding my bike and completely changed my life around.

And thanks for the advice about exercising tomorrow.

I will be riding my bike to work and most likely do some yoga in the morning.
  • Sb65513n
    Sb65513n Posts: 131 Member
    wow. I've been running since Sept and I just started running 10 min/mile last month. That's awesome.
  • wjkfloyd
    wjkfloyd Posts: 125
    Great job! I started to run last year, now I am addicted...you will be, too!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Great job!!
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    that's fantastic!! so far i can only do 2 miles in 22 minutes, so you're an inspiration! great work!
  • FitnessDivaK
    FitnessDivaK Posts: 180 Member
    That's AWESOME!!! I've never been a runner, but this week I started a running plan. Your NSV gives me motivation. Thanks for sharing :-)
  • limesublime
    limesublime Posts: 118 Member
    That is AWESOME! Running is challenging for me, but I'm trying to build my endurance like you did. Thanks for the inspiration and enjoy your achievement!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!