Couldn't afford WW anymore, so trying out MFP

Options
2»

Replies

• rattler0812
    rattler0812 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You'll find yourself quite at home with the web interface, smartphone apps and the people here.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I also am a past WW member and I love this sight so much better and Im having better success with it Good luck to you!!!!
  • baseballmom1031
    Options
    I had a friend tell me about this site today. I have tried WW in the past but couldn't keep spending the money on the fees either. I like how easy it was to log in the food. I also like how it told me at the bottom "keep eating like this and you will weigh ... in 5 weeks" that might actually help me.
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    Another former WW member here. Like MFP a lot and to me, it shows you what you are actually eating in calories and other counts, such as fats and sodium. With the points system, I was never really sure!

Welcome and you'll do well!
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm also a WW drop out. It's just so expensive!
    Feel free to add me!!
  • MantraMommy
    Options
    I considered WW a number of times but I am a full time working mom. Meetings and membership fees just never seemed to be in the plan. Plus, points have always seemed kind of alien. I like simply recording what I eat.

WELCOME! :-)
  • Maritime_Mama
    Options
    I've done WW off and on for years - I just wasn't following it anymore so obviously it wasn't working. It was time for something new for me as well plus justifying paying 20$+/mth for a membership I wasn't using... not easy to do! I'm finishing up my 2nd week on MFP and still learning a lot about the site but so far LOVE it!
  • chicpeach
    chicpeach Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Glad you're here! This is a much more productive place to achieve your weight loss goals than weight watchers! You will find great information, lots of helpful and friendly people, an easy way to track food and exercise and a lively community on the boards.

I've done weight watchers before and the only really hard thing when you come to MFP is that veggies aren't free. You have to count those calories here. But because they're so easy to track, the adjustment didn't take long.

MFP is also great because tracking automatically includes things WW never did: like calcium, sodium. cholesterol, etc and you can get reports on your progress. It's very motivating to see weight and body measurements graphicly track down!

I'm better than twice your age, but feel free to add me if you don't mind an "older folk" among your friends. I'll be glad to help you out and support you in your weight loss efforts.
  • purplelilac123
    purplelilac123 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have done WW in the past. I am having better results with this site. I only did it online so I can't speak of the meetings but for tracking this works just as well. I did not like that the plan changes every year or two. I would get comfortable with one method and then the company would endorse a whole new plan. I eat a lot of the foods that were low and no points on WW so that helps keep the calories down. I also eat some but not all my activity calories like WW allowed.
  • Sbehlmer
    Sbehlmer Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Feel free to add me (I've been with MFP for a week tomorrow and love it!!) :) My name is Sue by the way ;)
  • paulaann67
    paulaann67 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Welcome to this incredible journey w great people feel free to add me:smile:
  • JaxCanRun
    Options
    WW Lifetimer here too! Could not justify giving them any more $$$. Plus I love the bar code scanner for logging in my food. It can't get any easier than that!