Help! What's for dinner?!

Options
Anyaaaa11
Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
anyone have dinner ideas? Anything? My family and I almost never eat together. Any quick and relatively cheap dinner ideas? Something out of the norm.. Im fed up with the spaghetti, sandwiches and oatmeal lol

Recipes?

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    A favorite of my family :]

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/03/coconut-chicken-salad-with-warm-honey.html
    I make the chicken, then serve with rice ^-^
  • Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ yummy!
    Options
    Or anything on that site really!

Tonight I made roasted potatoes with baked chicken. Easy! I have this about every night though xD
    Options
    Ohh and here is kind of my collection of recipes I lovee :D Pinterest is awesome! xD

http://pinterest.com/mentalescape/
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    chicken breast baked with salsa and cheese is our family favorite. Broccoli and rice on the side..yummm!!!!
  • pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Anya...anything fast for the family and if you do not care about carbs nor cals ....I usually make real fast is...Linguini with garlic butter, fresh parsley, Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper! Buy either Grated Romano or Parmigiana cheese and sprinkle on top. Serve with a nice salad and warm bread from the oven. {Get it from Walmart, cover in foil and stick in 350 for 10~15 min!} You could slice in half and add brushed olive oil oregano, parsley, garlic and wrap in foil!! If you drink serve with a nice wine!
    Buon Appetito!! Ciao!:drinker:
  • LReneeWalker
    LReneeWalker Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My daughter made Tifta n Cleva. A delicious Russian dish that is not healthy! Everything in moderation.
    1 package bacon chopped and fried (keep it in the grease)
    Boil potatoes
    Make dough out of flour, egg, and water - cook it in boiling water to make dumplings
    drain water from dumplings and potatoes and combine them in a large dish
    pour in the bacon and grease
    Top with cottage cheese
    so cheap and plain yet soooo good!
  • dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    We had blog.fatfreevegan.com's smokey refried bean soup with tortilla chips. Cheap, super easy and awesome!
  • sar04tamu
    sar04tamu Posts: 27
    Options
    Depending on how adventurous your family is, make some 5 minute couscous or quinoa, heat a can of black beans, and dice some tomato and avocado. Pile in a bowl. You have healthy fats, protein, and whole grains. Even easier is to buy a rotisserie chicken. Serve with some veggies (frozen steamer bags are easy). Or shred it and make chicken salad. Or mix with some taco seasoning, add tortillas or taco shells, lettuce, tomato, and cheese.
    Options
    Anya...anything fast for the family and if you do not care about carbs nor cals ....I usually make real fast is...Linguini with garlic butter, fresh parsley, Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper! Serve with a nice salad and warm bread from the oven. {Get it from Walmart, cover in foil and stick in 350 for 10~15 min!} You could slice in half and add brushed olive oil oregano, parsley, garlic and wrap in foil!!
    Buon Appetito!! Ciao!:drinker:

Yum! I like spinach linguine with olives, tomatoes, spinach, garlic, cream, more garilc :D
  • pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Another really fast meal and delicious! Go in freezer section and get Rossetto Cheese ravioli {depending on how many peeps...for my family of 6...3 bags} After boiled and drained, put in butter, parsley, garlic, cracked pepper and a touch of salt. Buy some grated Romano or Parmigiana to serve on top! The bread and salad as with my previous recipe! :drinker: If you drink, serve with a nice glass of wine!
  • CinJay
    CinJay Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I like a lot of the recipes in the Eat Clean cookbook, and they're all on the Eat Clean website! Easy to make, fast, and really tasty! They even have a budget-friendly section, which comes in handy in our place!

http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/Recipes.aspx