There's ice cream in my freezer- I'm going crazy!

Options
Jori33
Jori33 Posts: 25 Member
I just started counting my calories and exercising regularly, and guess what my dad bring home? Two large tubs of ice cream! :sad: My favorite flavor in the whole world, chocolate chip cookie dough, and moose tracks. I would usually have just a small portion but I now that my will power is too weak to stop once I've had the first bite.

I'm new to the site so if anyone wants to be 'friends' and help stay on track and learn about myfitnesspal I'd really appreciate. My weight goal is to lose 25 lbs. (to bring me down to 125) BUT my goal is to gain muscle and feel confident in my body and food choices.

Thanks, Jori. :smile:

Replies

• gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Decide what is important to you and go with that.
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Don't look at it!! Haha I have been craving froyo ( with brownies on it) for days!! Make it stop! :) It's nice to meet you!! Feel free to add me, I am also looking for new motivating friends!!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Why has your will power decreased? If you could eat a small portion then, you can do it now! As long as you fit it into your goals for the day, there is absolutely no harm.

If your goal is to gain muscle, make sure to eat at a small deficit (set your goals to lose half to one pound a week), eat plenty of protein and fat, and lift weights to maintain your muscle when you lose.

Good luck!
  • J0ET
    J0ET Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    HA! Hang tough - don't cave in! LOL!! I'm new here too - add me!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I have found if I want ice cream (or wine), I have to log it in the morning, then build the rest of my meals around those calories.
  • krissym822
    Options
    I find it helpful to do something to stop thinking about it like going for a walk... but i was having the exact same thought when i came to the website. I have been trying to get back on track as i seem to have lost momentum. I have not lost any weight (but not regained) any weight in a month.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Spray with Windex and straight to the trash bin!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I just started counting my calories and exercising regularly, and guess what my dad bring home? Two large tubs of ice cream! :sad: My favorite flavor in the whole world, chocolate chip cookie dough, and moose tracks. I would usually have just a small portion but I now that my will power is too weak to stop once I've had the first bite.

I'm new to the site so if anyone wants to be 'friends' and help stay on track and learn about myfitnesspal I'd really appreciate. My weight goal is to lose 25 lbs. (to bring me down to 125) BUT my goal is to gain muscle and feel confident in my body and food choices.

Thanks, Jori. :smile:

Eat it! I am sorry, but ice cream is nothing but cream, sugar, eggs, and fruit (or chocolate or mint). Besides, why deprive yourself? You won't get very far if you don't find a way to allow yourself a treat every once in awhile. Take it from someone who has been there, done that...eat the ice cream and either take a walk or make sure that you have the calories for it. It's not rocket science.
  • Jori33
    Jori33 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I was able to get ice for my water without attacking the ice cream!
  • Heidi64
    Heidi64 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Just had the same happen to me today. Guess what I did? I had some! Keeping weight off is all about learning to eat what you want in moderation. What helped me today...I added fresh strawberries and half a banana to my half cup ice cream and 2 tblspns of hot fudge, mmmm! Oh, and I exercised too. Denying yourself just makes cravings worse. Learning to live with them and control/manage them much better. Good luck!
  • rrodnic2012
    rrodnic2012 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    One of the great things about tracking on this website is the immediate feedback you get on your calorie count, and net calories. Have that 1/2 cup of ice cream, measured carefully, satisfy the craving, and put in extra weight/cardio training or cut back on dinner.
    It's not ideal but better than a half gallon mosh session.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I had ice cream today with lunch. 300 calories worth of it. It was awesomely tasty.

Then I went for a four mile run.

Bam. No more ice cream to worry about.
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Take the time to calculate the calories in one tablespoon of ice cream and, if that doesn't deter you, go ahead and eat one tablespoon of it. Make sure your dad watches you to make sure you stop. :bigsmile:
  • DaveC29
    DaveC29 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Where do you live? I'll save you!
  • tprice916
    tprice916 Posts: 22
    Options
    Oh lord. Just reading the headline made me crave Coldstone Birthday Cake Remix... soooo bad but sooo good! :( I may have to treat myself this weekend now.... ah fudge.
  • lynnieschaab
    Options
    I'm new also, just signed up today!! My suggestion.... if you can't just have one bite of ice cream to satisfy the craving, have some fruit or sugar free jello, that works for me! Hang in there, you can do it!!
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Same, but i settled on an apple with cinnamon and honey... i couldn't stop at a small serving....
  • Bagman12002
    Bagman12002 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    part of loseing weight is portin controll, eating the right size portions and exercise, you can use the ice cream as treat for hitting a goal. good luck
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I am not prepared to live a life without Moose Tracks. Take a lap around the neighborhood if it makes you feel better. :)
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    I hope you can have a ♥ to ♥ chat with your Dad, and ask him to PLEASEEEEEEEE help you with the first initial months
    of cutting back-

It's MUCH harder- but NOT IMPOSSIBLE- to change eating habits and avoid the biggest triggers
    at the onset of this journey-
    because you can't dictate what every one ELSE in the household eats-

Ice cream was my *KRYPTONITE* I actually drove 3 miles out of the way to AVOID driving past our local dairy isle
    because I'd so easily cave.......

I did find lower calorie versions that I could eat without guilt- but I avoided it at the beginning.
    Like frozen yogurt- add your own toppings.

Turkey Hill - Chocolate Nutty Moose Tracks Light Recipe is a much better choice- NOT Sugar Free, but less calories
    and JUST as tasty.

You CAN do this. I'd have NEVER believed a year ago that I could be satisfied with a serving size of 1/2 c. of ice cream,
    when I'd have EASILY finished off 1/2 container in a day....

STAY STRONG~