something sweet

Options
lmosjo
lmosjo Posts: 4
Most nights after dinner I am dying for some type of dessert, mostly ice cream or frozen yogurt but I know its too late and I dont want to eat anything over 100 calories, any suggestions on a low cal dessert ?

Replies

• s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    Frozen grapes. I love them but don't get to have them very often. When you freeze them it makes for a nice sweet snack that has a bit of a chew or/and pop to it. Fresh strawberries too are great for a sweet tooth if they are in season and they aren't that high in calories. Something creamier and sweet would be like a fruit smoothy- depending on how you make it, they can be so good and not very high in calories either.
  • rehtaeh78
    rehtaeh78 Posts: 90
    Options
    I enjoy 18 Jelly Belly beans every night. It's something "naughty" to look forward to all day.

ETA: 70 calories
  • Gosser
    Gosser Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Yoghurt or an ice pop/lolly
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    chocolate or caramel flavored rice cakes!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    oh and there are these 100 calorie snack packs that make little portions of yummy stuff like chocolate coated cookies or choco covered pretzels. mmm
  • gentsevetzak
    gentsevetzak Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I like vanilla soy pudding, slightly over 100 cals but not much.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow ice cream bars and fudge bars, 100 calories and I like them.
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    100 cal klondikes or skinny cow ice cream treats work for me - sometimes even a half to satisfy my craving. they'e only 110-140 cals, though.
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Just save enough cals to have a cup of ice cream or frozen yogurt after dinner! That's what I did at first, because I always wanted something sweet post-dinner, and now I've made the switch to greek yogurt with a tablespoon of chocolate chips (mostly because I needed more protein!).
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Frozen fat free cool whip topped with Walden Farms Caramel Syrup!
  • Dietz27
    Dietz27 Posts: 107
    Options
    @ Nicole - Your dog is cool! :)
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Grapes are really high in sugar. They are amazing for a sweet tooth. I did the calculation a long time ago and forget the exact numbers now, but it was something like two cups of grapes have the same sugar content of a mars bar, but so much better for you. And less calories.
  • Asheea
    Asheea Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow ice cream bars and fudge bars, 100 calories and I like them.

Agreed! I love their chocolate truffle ice cream bars! Also, a new treat our family hasn't had in a while is Creamsicle - Orange & Raspberry Low Fat. Also only 100 calories! <3 them!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Most nights after dinner I am dying for some type of dessert, mostly ice cream or frozen yogurt but I know its too late and I dont want to eat anything over 100 calories, any suggestions on a low cal dessert ?

too late for what? To fit in the calories? I eat my dinner and snacksies (generally together they account for about about half my daily intake) after 8 PM. Actually I start the feeding process at around 8 PM and it goes until I hit my pillow. So if by "too late" you're talking about the clock, forget the old school ho-science bs on "you shouldn't eat after [insert some arbitrary number] o'clock" and eat what fits into your calorie goals (I'm assuming you're already hit your macros). If by "too late" you mean "man it's too late because I've already eaten all of my calories" then do 20 minutes of HIIT and earn a 1/2 cup of ice cream.
  • GWGAL88
    GWGAL88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    sugar free jello, its only 10 calories and you can add a squirt of whipped cream which is only 25 calories
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Blue Bunny Big Fudge Bars...they're HUGE and only 90 calories! :love:
  • ABeautifulDistraction
    ABeautifulDistraction Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    These are my go to recipes when I crave ice cream:

Chocolate Cherry Smoothie
    1 6oz container Yoplait lite red velvet cake yogurt, frozen
    1/2 c. frozen cherries
    Coconut milk or almond milk
    Place frozen yogurt and cherries in a blender with approximately 1/3 c. coconut milk, almond milk, or water. Blend until thick and creamy.

Strawberry "Ice Cream"
    1 banana, frozen
    1/2 c. frozen strawberries
    1/3 c. coconut milk
    Place in a blender and process until thick and creamy.

Key Lime Pie Shake
    1 6oz container Great Value Key Lime Pie lite yogurt, frozen
    1/3 c. coconut or almond milk
    Place in blender and blend intil thick and creamy.

If you own popsicle molds, they all make great creamsicles.
  • audreygonzy
    audreygonzy Posts: 169
    Options
    There's a brand of 'ice cream' called arctic zero that's amazing and 150 calories for an entire pint!
  • aimee_md
    aimee_md Posts: 44
    Options
    Frozen grapes. I love them but don't get to have them very often. When you freeze them it makes for a nice sweet snack that has a bit of a chew or/and pop to it. Fresh strawberries too are great for a sweet tooth if they are in season and they aren't that high in calories. Something creamier and sweet would be like a fruit smoothy- depending on how you make it, they can be so good and not very high in calories either.

I LOVE froezen grapes..

I also like to mix up banana,apple, strawberries, kiwi and orange with a bit of natural yoghurt and a teaspoon of honey. Great desert. Healthy too.
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I buy bags of frozen fruit (mostly stuff from Trader Joe's). One cup is about 70 calories. It's always satisfying. Also, like other people have said, frozen grapes are awesome.