QUESTION

Options
I am currently doing jillian's ripped in 30. i am on the first week and for the dead lift rows I have been using 1 20lb weight. but it has started to feel as if my shoulder is popping out of socket while i am doing it, and hurting the next day. my question is am i doing something wrong? or am i just using a weight that is to heavy for me at this point?

Replies

• mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    deadlift rows should be all butt and hamstrings. You're probably rounding your back too much. I would also suggest using two different dumbbells in each hand, holding one dumbbell is probably not a good thing.
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    ok thanks, guess im gonna have to buy some 10lb weights, i wanted something heavier my 5lbs weights just do nothing for me
  • hatrammell
    Options
    yeah, I would say try smaller weights and see if it makes a difference. I know a lot of the work out systems (like the videos) say to start with 2 pound weights and move up from there. My sister started with 5 and moved to 8 pounds, and it seemed to work for her. When i first heard her say 8lbs, I was like "that's not that much", but she told me it was more than I thought it was....

Good luck!
  • hatrammell
    Options
    deadlift rows should be all butt and hamstrings. You're probably rounding your back too much. I would also suggest using two different dumbbells in each hand, holding one dumbbell is probably not a good thing.

Oh and my sister used one 8lb in each hand....so I second this! :happy: