So confused!

Options
OK, so let me preface this with this: I just found out recently that I am diabetic. Boo. :sad:

I have been eating. I eat until I can't shove anymore in my mouth. I can't eat certain things because they shoot my sugar up, make me feel sick, etc. So I got set up with a dietitian and am going to my doctor every few weeks (other issues too...thyroid, potassium levels, and girl issues). I expressed that this site is helping and I need more calories.

I gave them my log of eating (which is awesome that I can just print it off of here, makes it so much easier!) and they said my calorie intake is OK for now while I get "used" to eating healthier but they want me to up it next week. Which is fine. I know I am eating too little calories and my body is going to kick me in the butt for it.

I have REALLY been trying to eat more calories. Some days I am just too busy to stop and eat, others I feel like I am eating non-stop. I just got back from a walk/jog and ended up eating a peanut butter flatbread sandwich, but it still didn't get my calories up there.

I am incorporating more nuts into my diet, which will help. But what else can I eat that is healthy, isn't high in carbs, and won't shoot my sugar through the roof?

Any suggestions?