bacon molasses sour cream meat balls

Options
my wife made these...3.7 oz, 127 cal, 16 grams protien, 6 grams fat. per meat ball so delicious.

Replies

• karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    sorry.. ICK.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    sorry.. ICK.

Awe, she's nice...

Those sound pretty good...Do you have the recipe?
  • magoch
    magoch Posts: 134
    Options
    They sound great to me -- will your wife share the recipe?
  • Testosterone
    Testosterone Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    sorry.. ICK.
    youve never had sour cream in meat loaf or anything, have you?
  • ZipperJJ
    ZipperJJ Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    No teasing.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I love bacon with sweet stuff, like chocolate, maple syrup, sugar, fruit, and probably molasses, I'll bite!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    sounds great! recipe plz ;D
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    well where is the recipe!? dont tease us! lol
  • C_June
    C_June Posts: 48
    Options
    It really was nothing special. Just ground beef, bacon molasses seasoning (McCormick brand) and a few tablespoons of sour cream. It sounds fancier than it was, but they did end up tasting really great. This was just a trial because we took out the beef and had no idea what to do with it. Next time, I want to put crumbles of bacon in the meat and maybe make a glaze. :)
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    <impersonation of Homer Simpson's glass-eyed stare as he ogles a doughnut>

Just ground beef, bacon, molasses, seasoning (McCormick brand) and a few tablespoons of sour cream.

If you think about it, this is very close to a seasoned bacon burger with molasses-flavored bbq sauce. Except this version is probably quite a bit healthier than the ones they sell at the gourmet burger shop.

Good deal!

:smile:
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    It really was nothing special. Just ground beef, bacon molasses seasoning (McCormick brand) and a few tablespoons of sour cream. It sounds fancier than it was, but they did end up tasting really great. This was just a trial because we took out the beef and had no idea what to do with it. Next time, I want to put crumbles of bacon in the meat and maybe make a glaze. :)

That sounds really yummy :)
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I dont know but sounds pretty good to me. Think I'll look for that seasoning and give it a try! Thanks for sharing!
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Interesting. At first, i admit, that combo sounded...ummm...different. Probably give it a try. Thanks! Did you serve them as is? Can't imagine spag. sauce with them. Definitely looking for that seasoning :-)
  • SailorStarMaker
    Options
    And it's.. healthy? The topic just looks like a list of things we're told not to eat.
  • Testosterone
    Options
    And it's.. healthy? The topic just looks like a list of things we're told not to eat.

told by a conglomerate of grain corporations whose job is to sell you bread. you are what you eat. people that eat steak and meat all the time are strong and hard, composed of muscle. people who have a diet rich in grain and bread are composed like bread...thin skin and a soft doughy center.

high fat high protein moderate carb is the right way to eat.
  • Testosterone
    Options

i have been eating this way for over 10 months. my bp is 110/65, my resting pulse is 63. my cholesterol ratio is 3:1 LDL/HDL...near textbook perfect.
  • C_June
    C_June Posts: 48
    Options
    Interesting. At first, i admit, that combo sounded...ummm...different. Probably give it a try. Thanks! Did you serve them as is? Can't imagine spag. sauce with them. Definitely looking for that seasoning :-)

Yeah, I just served them as is. They're really moist because of the sour cream. I said before I'd like to try putting actual bacon pieces into the meat and making a glaze. This time was just a "Oh no, I have no idea what to make dinner" moment and just threw it in the oven. They were awesome, but I'd like to improve them. :)
  • Testosterone
    Options

Yeah, I just served them as is. They're really moist because of the sour cream. I said before I'd like to try putting actual bacon pieces into the meat and making a glaze. This time was just a "Oh no, I have no idea what to make dinner" moment and just threw it in the oven. They were awesome, but I'd like to improve them. :)

your cooking talent is natural.
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    for a little protein boost, you may also consider adding plain unsweetened greek yogurt instead of sour cream :D