Tae Bo..whoa what a calorie burn

Options
I recentley purchased the tae bo dvds and have been doing the introduction section which focuses on getting technique right before diving into the workouts - but i found the intro so hard that i kept doing it till i felt i was ready to start the beginner one...(haha yeah im so not fit)

anyways i did the beginner one today for the first time, and figured as i wanted to focus on technique rather than intensity i would probably burn maybe 200 calories....well popped the HRM on and lo and behold 30 mins later I had burned 356 calories...whoa, i cant really beleive it...i was dripping with sweat and half dead so I guess i worked quite hard....but such a good short workout!!

XXPINK

Replies

• babydraco269
    Options
    wow, really? I'll have to look into that............
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Love Tae Bo...the cardio one is awesome!!!
  • pinksultana
    pinksultana Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind I have ALOT of weight to lose....so i supose hauled it around whilst kicking andpunchig burns extra calories than your average bear! but yes....I got a 4 disc 'best of' set and its got 2 cardio focused ones and one core uscles and one strent focused one, its quite good....was only around 13 quid on ebay too!!!

luuurrvve ebay for bargains
    haha....

xxpink
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Would you mind telling me the name of the dvds? I've been looking into doing some tae bo, and great job thats a lot of calories! :happy:

~Leash :heart:
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Would you mind telling me the name of the dvds? I've been looking into doing some tae bo, and great job thats a lot of calories! :happy:

~Leash :heart:

I have these and I love Billy Blanks. You can get some of them at Walmart pretty cheap. Amazon and places have them too as sets. I haven't done them for awhile, will have to dig them out again.
  • pinksultana
    pinksultana Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Its called

Billy Blanks Tae Bo The Ultimate Colection nd its a 4 disc set

although if you just seach for Tae Bo there are heaps of different dvds and boxed sets you can buy.

xxpink
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I found all my TaeBo vids in thrift stores for $2 ..... I don't use them because I don't have a dedicated space with enough room to move around, but I will eventually!!
  • TNYorker
    TNYorker Posts: 164
    Options
    I recentley purchased the tae bo dvds and have been doing the introduction section which focuses on getting technique right before diving into the workouts - but i found the intro so hard that i kept doing it till i felt i was ready to start the beginner one...(haha yeah im so not fit)

anyways i did the beginner one today for the first time, and figured as i wanted to focus on technique rather than intensity i would probably burn maybe 200 calories....well popped the HRM on and lo and behold 30 mins later I had burned 356 calories...whoa, i cant really beleive it...i was dripping with sweat and half dead so I guess i worked quite hard....but such a good short workout!!

XXPINK

I LOVE Tae Bo! I've been doing it for the past month and it has given me amazing results. I'm so glad that you recently started as well. We can be Tae Bo buddies! LOL :bigsmile: I have the "Tae Bo Amped set", but I'll have to hit up ebay for some more dvds. :wink: