Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What was the best piece of workout equipment you bought

curds
curds Posts: 201 Member
Hey guys,

Its payday!!!!!!! yaaay, I was wondering what you guys use at home it can either be for cardio or strength training. I know you don't need fancy equipment to lose weight and that you can just go for a run, swim etc and get the same result, but since I don't go to the gym(well not a conventional gym) I'd like to have some gym equipment on hand.

This is what I have so far weights, resistance bands and HRM is on order.

What would you add to the list?

Replies

• SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,719 Member
    My favorite pieces in my home gym have to be my Stability Balls and Kettlebells. I love them!
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    foam roller :p
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    treadmill
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Taebo, resistance band, weighted jump rope and free weights
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Zumba 2 for Wii but I Love Love Love Love Zumba!
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    treadmill

^^^ This ^^^ Got me started!! Now I'd rather be outside.
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    A great sports bra.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    my skip-it
  • Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    My dad bought a squat rack about 12 years ago along with a bench and Olympic bar. I can confidently say it has more than paid for itself since nobody in my family has had to pay for a gym membership and they will last a long time if you take care of them. By far the best piece of equipment I have ever owned. You can also get them cheap off craigslist, especially if you can pick up from someone wanting to get rid of it. The obvious problem would be space though.
  • curds
    foam roller :p

I googled it and it looks like a floating device I use to have when I was younger?

What would you use that for?
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    dumb bells.. I can use em for cardio and for strength.
  • glenr79
    glenr79 Posts: 283 Member
    The Livestrong 8.0L elliptical!! Hands down! you can get the $1500 elliptical on amazon for $800!! I am a personal trainer and I will not do any cardio at the gym, I do my High intensity interval training on my livestrong 8.0L elliptical and my biceps, arms, shoulders, chest, and legs all feel like I was lifting weights... plus it has an awesome sound system in it lol... and is super sturdy, no squeaks... best present I have ever gotten myself!
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Kettlebells, Concept 2 rowing machine, assisted pull-up and dip station
  • Mdlea
    Mdlea Posts: 25 Member
    Road bike. I've put lots of miles on the bike and taken lots of pounds out of my body. I love getting to see the countryside while I'm working out.
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 632 Member
    Without a second thought (and I have an entire home gym filled with everything I could possibly ever need) my answer is dumbbells!
  • My fitbit. I love, love love it!
  • I love my elliptical and Zumba Rush for Kinect. I just kicked butt tonight. :smokin:
  • curds
    LOL Skip it? A skipping rope?

Also the squat rack looks awesome! My bf would love it! LOL but space is a problem :(
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    My treadmill, elliptical & stationary bike.......
  • FatUncleRob
    FatUncleRob Posts: 341
    My running shoes! :bigsmile: