I successfully avoided the Bagel Party....

glandis
glandis Posts: 89
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
We had a bagel party this morning at work and i did not touch one of them! Whew! They had those big crusty ones like French toast, cinnamon crunch, etc. I can't imagine how many calories were in them plus the cream cheese. I used to eat those. Maybe i will treat myself with one in the future but for now I did not cave into the temptation and it gives me more confidence that I can do it everyday if needed.

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    I hear ya, they do that every friday morning at my office, and I have to walk right by them every time to get to my desk, all bakery fresh smelling and all. For about 3 seconds I think about grabbing 1/2 of one, but I haven't given in in months I'm happy to say.
    So congratz to you on good work!
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    I wish I could say the same :embarassed: i ate 2 pigs in a blanket AND a glazed donut! FOR WHAT?! :noway:

Congrats to you, I wish I could've said no :cry:
  • Good Job!Keep it up! I'll think of you tomorrow morning when I need the motivation to avoid pancakes!
  • tvfit
    tvfit Posts: 56 Member
    Congrats! I totally know what you mean! I avoided the pizza at one daughter's in-school pizza party yesterday, but then caved (a little!) at the other daughter's softball pizza party last evening. I worked extra hard at the gym this morning, though!
  • glandis
    It wasn't easy and there is always food at work in every office! I just have to say no and tell myself before i walk past it to just forget it. Good Luck to all of us avoiding the junk at work!:smile:
  • colombiana444
    colombiana444 Posts: 133 Member
    We had a bagel party this morning at work and i did not touch one of them! Whew! They had those big crusty ones like French toast, cinnamon crunch, etc. I can't imagine how many calories were in them plus the cream cheese. I used to eat those. Maybe i will treat myself with one in the future but for now I did not cave into the temptation and it gives me more confidence that I can do it everyday if needed.
    excellent will power. I just reached goal weight but I'm traveling to Colombia where they have amazing food. I would certainly think of this when I'm down there :) Thanks fo sharing
  • glandis
    Cool. I just met a Zumba instructor from Columbia. She sure knows how to salsa, samba, cumbia.
    Dance for me when you are in Columbia!
  • FUNinTHEsun
    FUNinTHEsun Posts: 284 Member
    Good for you!!! I'm trying to ignore the birthday cake a few cubicles down from me right now... :laugh:
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Awesome job!
This discussion has been closed.