Why am I always freezing!?!

Options
Ive lost 7 lbs... I guess I kinda expected to feel colder ( my husband is ALWAYS COLD I am ALWAYS HOT )...
I just figured I was hot because I was fat lol.... But for some reason I am FREEZING ALL THE TIME? Am I doing something wrong? Maybe I am dehydrated? Caffeine induced?
I feel like I am missing something... how do I go from burning up and sweating to freezing under the covers with no temp change in the house???

Replies

• Gohomebay
    Gohomebay Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Funny I have lost 7 as well and I am so cold at home, I am in layers and hubby in a t shirt, usually I am the one turning the heat down.
    Maybe someone will have a good answer for this since I don't sorry!
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I was always freezing until I upped my calories. Now I'm comfy.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I am not a doctor. I know that I was cold all the time and needed to have my thyroid tested. Have you ever been tested?
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Well...this is interesting...I have been freezing lately and it never occured to me that it might have something to do with losing weight! I'll be interested in what others have to say about it.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I think it's a sign you're not getting enough calories.
  • pissymissy323
    pissymissy323 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have lost 83 lbs and noticed when my body fat dropped so did my internal temp, doc told me to increase protein
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary, you are not eating enough. Is there a reason your goal is 1620 cals and you are eating 1000 or even less?

Eating disorder recovery?? or something? If so, it's a good start but you need at least 1200 cals a day
  • ruthechesney
    ruthechesney Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It is just part of losing weight. You are losing part of your thermal layer...your body is used to having a thicker layer of fat:) It is not uncommon for myself to have the chills a couple nights a weekkk:)
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    That would be easy to determine if it was not enough calories - increase your intake and monitor you symptoms.

For me, this did not change. For you, it might.

Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Bah, I must need to up my calories. I am hovering around 2000/day already! Eeek!
  • missellen13
    Options
    You might want to check your thyroid. One of the symptoms that it is off is feeling cold.
  • babyblooeyes
    babyblooeyes Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    From the looks of your diary you aren't taking in enough calories. Which in turn leads to inadequate nutrition. Try to net 1600 for a few weeks and see if this brings your back to a normal balance. Only time I get cold (I am always hot by the way) is when I don't eat enough and exercise without proper nutrition.

Theresa
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I had gastric bypass, and literally can only consume around 600 calories per day. I'm FREEZING all the time. My fingers are numb, lol

I've lost a bit of weight, which has happened before, and I was always cold then, but I bet the greatly reduced caloric intake is doing it too :)
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    You are cold because you are not fueling your metabolism properly. If you eat more you should feel warmer.
  • cutezombiedoll
    Options
    Your body uses calories to warm it's self up, so if your not eating many calories, you will feel colder. That's why people eat more when it's cold and less when it's hot.
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    ditto! bump*
  • Aliciaaah
    Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that I'm always cold in the hour or two after a workout. My body might cool down too fast or something. Maybe you can single out a time/situation too?
  • happypath101
    Options
    I used to be freezing cold ALL the time. I always ached for a hot bath and wore layers upon layers. I went to see an accupunturist for something else and mentioned this. She had me make this "tea" every night. I swear to God within a week I noticed a change. And, now I don't even need a sweater half the time. LOL:

* Buy some fresh ginger. It's super cheap and good for you. It lasts about 2 weeks left out on the counter.
    * Cut off a thin medallion of the ginger. Stick it in a mug with about a tsp of honey.
    * Add hot water. Enjoy.

Apparently, it boosts your immune and your metabolism too.
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I have recently been experiencing this. The other night I was feeling fine but as I got into bed I got this weird cough and felt extremely! cold. Tonight was the same way except now im drinking unsweetend hot tea and its warming me up very well.
  • karen0214
    karen0214 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 7 lbs... I guess I kinda expected to feel colder ( my husband is ALWAYS COLD I am ALWAYS HOT )...
    I just figured I was hot because I was fat lol.... But for some reason I am FREEZING ALL THE TIME? Am I doing something wrong? Maybe I am dehydrated? Caffeine induced?
    I feel like I am missing something... how do I go from burning up and sweating to freezing under the covers with no temp change in the house???

There could be several reasons why you are so cold. As a few others have mentioned, it could be you aren't eating enough calories, or it could be thyroid issues. I had been cold for years, literally. My husband used to say that I was colder than a dead person!! LOL! Anyway, I got tested and sure enough, I'm hypothyroid. After I started on thyroid med, I warmed up and now I am usually the person who is warm while others are cold. So, getting your thyroid tested isn't a bad idea. Women just don't have it easy with all the hormonal swings we go through with menstrual issues and child bearing.