If it was an Olympic event, I'd take the GOLD!

Options

Replies

• coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    Defending and 5 time Olympic Champion in the I don't give a *kitten* category.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Beer olympics
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Gold medalist in smart *kitten*.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I'm really good at reading people. I can always tell if someone is lying, upset, like me, don't like me, you name it.
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    grammar correction..........almost to the point of being obnoxious.....
    Grammar would be capitalized and an ellipsis only has three "dots."

Grammar correction...almost to the point of being obnoxious.
    While being an incomplete sentence syntactically, it carries the understood subject and verb of:
    [I would win] grammar correction...almost to the the point of being obnoxious.

With this in mind, an em dash would carry heavier interpolation than an ellipsis. But aposiopesis is aposiopesis.

Of course, this little exercise has likely confirmed that I have, in fact, taken the gold in both grammar correction and being a smart *kitten*.

Cheers.
    -wtk
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    Napping! But as for sleeping at night, I'd have to take the bronze.

Actually, I am also really good at centering things and telling if they are level. Maybe that's just my OCD?
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    Geography! ... I've spent many hours of many days in my life staring quietly at maps, I love it!

me too!!

Me too, but this is important. You need to know where things are!

The other night I astounded a friend by knowing almost every lyric on The Best of The Carpenters. I don't even like The Carpenters.
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options

While being an incomplete sentence syntactically, it carries the understood subject and verb of:

With this in mind, an em dash would carry heavier interpolation than an ellipsis. But aposiopesis is aposiopesis.

Of course, this little exercise has likely confirmed that I have, in fact, taken the gold in both grammar correction and being a smart *kitten*.

Cheers.
    -wtk

bet the long winter nights just fly by......
  • Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Telling my SO " I told you so!" 9 times out of 10 I am correct. And I am a Grammar Nazi too, especially when people misspell words. And another is road rage. I scream and yell in my car at the offender who is either cutting me off, speeding up so I can't pass by when I have had my blinker on for the last 1/4 mile, or the driver who is blowing through a stop sign as if they didn't see it. Take the gold for all 3.
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Destroying a perfectly clean kitchen in no time flat! I can take all my husbands hard work of clean and undo it before you can bat an eye!
  • tanyalevan
    tanyalevan Posts: 182
    Options
    GOLD medal for LOUDEST laugh...over here
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Procrastination.
  • w_i_n_d_y
    w_i_n_d_y Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    When I need a certain number of something (envelopes, rubber bands, paper, etc.) and just grab a handful, I almost always grab the exact number that I needed. It actually is pretty freaky.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I have no gag reflex.

That's probably not Olympic medal worthy, though. Hmm...

I could probably give margieward82 a run for her money in the "turning a clean kitchen into a giant mess in no time flat" event.
  • w_i_n_d_y
    w_i_n_d_y Posts: 216 Member
    Options

Cheers.
    -wtk

You definitely took home the Gold!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I have no gag reflex.

That's probably not Olympic medal worthy, though. Hmm...

Pretty sure that earns you two!

I am the master of having zero sense of direction. I could get lost in my own bath tub.
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    for how many times i wash my hands a day lol
    or the whole symmetry thing also lol
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Napping. If this were an Olympic event I would score the gold every. single. time.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Gold medal for turning any normal discussion into something naughty
  • ericabrothers
    Options
    I'd get the gold for have the best immune system ever. I NEVER get sick and I am a peds nurse so I see little germ infested humans daily. I tell my boss that its because I don't wash my hands near as much as I should. After nuclear war breaks out its gonna be me and the **** roaches, that is if they don't kidnap me and try to reproduce my immune response :laugh: :laugh:

Oh and I'd get the Gold in ability to pin kids down and give them shots/draw blood too. Its harder than it looks, those little effers are pretty strong to be so small