Best Protein Powder?

Options

Replies

• DeniseChilver
    DeniseChilver Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried Scitec ZERO carb Isobest protein powder ????????

If you have PLEASE get in touch..... Have some questions before I buy :-)
  • chevelleram
    chevelleram Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Shakeology !!! This stuff is awesome.
  • connielancaster
    connielancaster Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I use Six Star Protein Powder. I make my own smoothies with fruit or whatever I have on hand. If you've got the money to spend on Body by Vi or Shakeology or all the hundreds others that's great. I've tasted Body by Vi and they are good. Haven't tried others but I'd rather put my money into a good protein powder and make my own. With Six Star I can make a smoothie and not be hungry till noon and for me that's a huge improvement over oatmeal or cereal even eggs in the morning - I just get hungry.

I'm not knocking anyone else's program but know that I don't have a huge amount of money to spend so I'm doing what works for me!

Dr. Corey Schuler answered:

When using a protein shake of any kind, determine which protein is best for you. Shakeology is a whey-based protein. Protein is not a one-size-fits-all macronutrient. Some people have sensitivities to whey or casein (proteins in dairy), while other cannot digest egg well. Also, many protein powders contain other sweeteners than can be problematic. Even stevia can improperly stimulate the immune system of some people. So when you hear about a protein or protein powder that is "the best", just be aware that it may not be the best for you.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition or Myofusion are both great!
  • crrampersad
    crrampersad Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm on Promasil. It works well for me. However if you have food allergies / sensitivities check the label since its a blend of multiple sources of protein. (whey, goat milk, milk, egg, etc) - 90 Cal 20g Protien per scoop.

I add it to my oatmeal in the morning, and as an after-workout drink.
  • kmgarza
    kmgarza Posts: 31
    Options
    I use Jay Robb Whey Protein, it taste delicious!!! After working out, I can not wait to get home to drink it (I mix it with Unsweetened Almond Milk), I think of it as a treat :happy: LOL. I prefer the Chocolate, Vanilla or Strawberry flavor. It has 110 calories, 1g Carb, 0g Sugar & 25g of Protein.
  • CrazyFly7
    CrazyFly7 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition! Yum! They have awesome flavors and easy to mix w/ water/milk.
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I drink Vega One. It's vegan, soy, and gluten free. The natural flavor tastes really good with unsweetened almond milk. I don't like the chocolate flavor too much but I have tried the vanilla chai and it's pretty good. However I prefer the natural because I think it has the least extra flavoring stuff (just stevia).
  • RosesFitNotes
    RosesFitNotes Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Dymatize brand ELITE. this is whey protein- fast acting.1 scoop is 115 calories and 20 grams of protein. mixes great in water. i buy the vanilla so i can add it to my oatmeal in the morning too. i use it as recovery after exercise and add an Emergen-C packet (any flavor) to make it like a smoothie.

before bed i take Elite Fusion 7. this is more complex...slower digesting and feeds my muscles all night long! if something doesn't taste good i won't eat it no matter how good it is for you! I have recommended this to other clients who love it.

Find something you love so you can stick with it :)
  • Dawnhasajeep
    Dawnhasajeep Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Body by Vi!!!!

Soy based products can be very bad for women plus there is artificial sweeteners and so many other really bad things for you. I would do my research before even thinking about drinking this. http://www.davidmodderman.com/blog/index.php/weight-loss/body-by-vi-is-it-all-hype/
    x2 No way I would use Body by VI
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Vega! It is a vegan protein powder with no soy. I love it! It is pricy but well worth it.
  • luvred51
    luvred51 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • AlishaRoja
    Options
    I like Designer Whey- Vanilla Almond. They have other flavors as well. You can mix it with water or milk if you like. 100 calories, 18g of protein, 2g of sugar, lots of calcium, vitamin D and B vitamins filled. No bad after taste as well.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    And this is what you will find the norm with protein mix. Two pages of completely different answers with I'm sure many more to come. When you start down the path to bariatric surgery one of the most important steps is to find a good, high quality mix that you can drink daily. It can be a challenge. A persons tastes are so, well, personal. What one person likes the next gags on. It can also depend on how it's mixed, what it's mixed with, how well it's mixed. I've tried quite a few and personally like muscle milk whey protein in the chocolate flavor. But like I've said, I've tried many.

One suggestion I would make to you is look on amazon and such places for companies that have small, relatively inexpensive variety packs so that you can try the different flavors without spending 50$ on something that disgusts you.

Good luck. Hope you find something you like.
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I use MyoFusion Probiotic Whey Blend, and I really like it. I usually have it in a smoothie for breakfast, and then after a workout. It blends really well with milk (haven't tried water), and it thickens it up a bit. I find it gives you a "stick to your ribs" kind of feeling. I find it keeps me feeling satisfied for a good solid 3-4 hours. Currently, I have chocolate, but I'm going to pick myself up another flavor this weekend.
  • KendaVSG
    KendaVSG Posts: 147
    Options
    I haven't read through previous comments, so please forgive me if I'm repeating a previous comment.

Try www.unjury.com They have very high quality protein mixes in a variety of flavors and stuff. They also have a sample package that you can buy to try out. It is a fabulous company with wonderful products.

As for any other proteins. The best ones for you, according to many nutritionists and doctors I've spoken with, would be a complete whey protein - concentrate and isolate whey protein.

Good luck on finding one that works and taste good for you!!
  • Betty_Canada
    Betty_Canada Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I just buy 90% Whey Protein Isolate from Bulk Barn, if you can tolerate it. Add two tablespoons to, well, almost anything you can blend. Two tablespoons is about 26g of protein, and the carbs are negligible.

No fillers, no additives, no sugar, no artificial sweeteners. You can't taste it - and I'm FUSSY... I have yet to find a commercial protein powder that does not literally make me gag.

It's more expensive that way (about $25 a kilo), but I can buy a little bit at a time, say half a pound, and it goes a very long way. I think Superstore/Loblaws now sells it in 900g jugs, but it's kind of a packing waste.

http://www.bulkbarn.ca/en-ca/products.html?product=3300&search=whey+protein

-Betty-
  • alexluong
    alexluong Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition or Myofusion are both great!

this.
  • sbarbry
    sbarbry Posts: 38
    Options
    Bump
  • ShaneOSX
    ShaneOSX Posts: 198
    Options
    I feel that Optimum Nutrition has no competition.

Go for the natural line.