ladies who have had c sections...

Options
Do you have issues with the bottom of your stomach folding? Now that I've lost weight its kinda shrinking up but i'm hoping for it to vanish... also when aunt flow visits where my scar is hurts and cramps soooo bad! What kind of issues do you have

Replies

• MrsDutt
    MrsDutt Posts: 32
    Options
    I have only started out now but I have the same problem. I have seen some women who have managed to create those flat abs after a c-section but they are exercise junkies. I hope to become that junky one day :).

Just wanted to say good luck and I am sure it can be achieved.
  • prettybub
    prettybub Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I lost 116 lbs a couple of years ago and exercised 6 days a week. I have had 3 c-sections and that fold of skin shrunk a lot , But was still there. Unfortunately i think to some extend depending on the condition of the skin, you will always have a Pouch of sorts there. I have a lot of stretch marks though,so as i said it would depend on the condition of the skin..
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this, I'm curious too. I had my emergency c section about 4 years ago, and unfortunaly it wasn't the neatest of scars. Lucky for me its small and very faded, and my stomach is pretty flat, but I do feel like it indent there esp when I'm bloated and there seems to be a bit of a bump/bulge under one side that I have no idea if i'll ever get totally flat (scar tissue idk?) And it feels "thin" on one part, on the skin below, like its easy to feel my insides there. I can't explain it, but there are small issues with it, so I'm interested in what others say.
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Sorry still have it...I guess you go get surgery or call it a badge of honor. My badge will be turning 21 on Friday :sad: Just be healthy for your family and you :flowerforyou:
  • yummymummynic
    Options
    I think the majority of us will have that fold for life, but i dont mind mine at all. Just shows the way my son had to come into this world =]
  • jgriffin88
    jgriffin88 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this, I'm curious too. I had my emergency c section about 4 years ago, and unfortunaly it wasn't the neatest of scars. Lucky for me its small and very faded, and my stomach is pretty flat, but I do feel like it indent there esp when I'm bloated and there seems to be a bit of a bump/bulge under one side that I have no idea if i'll ever get totally flat (scar tissue idk?) And it feels "thin" on one part, on the skin below, like its easy to feel my insides there. I can't explain it, but there are small issues with it, so I'm interested in what others say.

Hey you might to check and see if you have developed a hernia where you had the c-section.. I have had 2 c-sections and I ended up with a hernia where I was cut open. I have since had surgery to repair it. Just something to check into with the issues you mentioned.
  • hilarysgiants
    hilarysgiants Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Same issue here :( I am thinking it won't go away, even it I flatten my tummy. I guess it will just be my badge of honor for having two amazing little boys!
  • ksandford
    ksandford Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I had an emergency C-Section 14 weeks ago and was also wondering if I'd ever get my flat stomach back coz I dip in one side of my scar! I'm well on my way to losing the baby weight but only just now felt ready to go back to the gym. Hoping it will help with my baby pouch :-)
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options

Hey you might to check and see if you have developed a hernia where you had the c-section.. I have had 2 c-sections and I ended up with a hernia where I was cut open. I have since had surgery to repair it. Just something to check into with the issues you mentioned.
    I've also got a hernia... haven't had surgery for it yet, though
  • alharbour
    alharbour Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I had my 1st child 10 years ago natural birth, and my stomach totally went back to normal, flat with minimal stretch marks. With my second daughter, who will be 4 in a couple of weeks, I gained the same amount of weight (20 lbs with both my kids) and had no new stretch marks. Ended up having emergency c-section with her. My scar is even, and no really that noticeable, but I have this "pouch" that I just hate. I do reverse crunches and leg lifts and I know my muscles are getting stronger, I guess it is just skin and nothing short of surgery will fix it. I guess I will never again wear a bikini :0(
  • Cwilbanks12105
    Cwilbanks12105 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I had an emergency c-section 8 weeks ago, but I'm so chunky that if there's any "pouch" I can't see it yet. But if there is one, I'll treat it the same way I do with my stretch marks (which,btw, cover my entire stomach). It's just proof that I've had two wonderful boys who did a number on my body lol.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I must have had a really old school doctor! My c-section is up and down, not bikini. I'd like to see my stomach even with my scar instead of looking like a second butt. :D
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options

Thanks...Any other signs that it would be a hernia? its not painful at all. I should get is checked I guess.
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I must have had a really old school doctor! My c-section is up and down, not bikini. I'd like to see my stomach even with my scar instead of looking like a second butt. :D

I have 2 smiley face scars...but your comment really made me giggle!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Edited to add: Please feel free to add me!
  • LuLuRunner1
    LuLuRunner1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options

LOL!! I had an emergency c-section for my fist son so the outer cut is vertical but the second layer was horizontal. I always think that my stomach looks like a second butt too! There are not many women that I know of who have the vertical cut from the navel down!
  • lkcostello
    lkcostello Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Sorry still have it...I guess you go get surgery or call it a badge of honor. My badge will be turning 21 on Friday :sad: Just be healthy for your family and you :flowerforyou:

Congrats on your 21 year old "pouch". I have one too. We made it!! :drinker: