New and looking for inspiration, and tips!

Options
Hello everyone!

I'm new to this, one of my friends pointed this app/site out to me, and I'm really enjoying it so far.

My weight loss goal is to lose about 50lbs, and I'm looking for some tips, suggestions, and some inspiration.

=)

Replies

• NoSharpei
    NoSharpei Posts: 73
    Options
    The biggest tip I can give you is to take it one meal, one step and one glass of water at a time. Try to keep your food diary up to date ..record as you eat ;) Slowly but surely your eating habits, and exercise routines will improve. I used to avoid water (preferring coffee)..and did no regular exercise. Now I exercise five times a week (walking with work mates at lunchtime) and have lost almost 30 pounds (...still plenty to go though!) Each day I try to focus on one little aspect - whether it is walking for a little longer or drinking an extra glass of water. It gets easier and easier... and it's fun to achieve the little challenges you set for yourself ;) Good luck!!
  • Teapotdomescam
    Options
    Walk a lot! Walk everywhere you go! It might not feel like it's making a big difference but trust me, that extra mile really goes the distance.
  • EmpathyBot
    EmpathyBot Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thank you, both of you!

I've been trying to walk more, as it is something I truly enjoy.

I've been making sure to record as I eat, or before I eat. I've been a lot more attentive to what I am putting in my body, and how much!

I've been doing really well not to over eat during a meal and it's definitely showing!
  • NoSharpei
    NoSharpei Posts: 73
    Options
    Well done empathybot.. that's the way to success. It all adds up. You will succeed because you are planning ;)
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Be honest with yourself, and your diary! When I get lazy and snack without logging, it shows on the scale at the end of the week... Drink lots of water. Make friends. My friends have been an awesome support and keep me going when I'm having a rough day. Feel free to add me, if you like. Sounds like you're off to a great start, well done!
  • BabeedollB
    BabeedollB Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Great advice so far. I will jus echo the walking and water!!!
  • Pizzagirl50
    Pizzagirl50 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My advice would be to invest in a HRM if you don't already have one. Staying in then right zone for what you wish to achieve makes a difference....and it's nice to get an accurate calorie burn count. I went months without one and now can't live without it. Good luck on your journey, I hope this site provides you as much fun, encouragement and support as it does me.
  • PHS7
    PHS7 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You will find the reason this site/app works for you. We all have different reasons but, we all have the same goals: to be healthier and fit.

I'll echo the statement that being honest with yourself is the number one thing for this site. If you don't log what you eat, drink, and exercise, then you won't get any benefit. And don't worry if you have a few bad meals/days. It happens to all of us. This is a lifestyle change and you can't change overnight, but you can change.

I agree with getting a heart rate monitor. And get full measurements so you can see your body-fat percentage change. Sometimes the scale is frustrating but when you lose inches and your clothes fit differently, well. . . .that's a great big YAHOO motivator.

And friend people from all over. Meeting new people and sharing in their successes, & sometimes failures, will help you.

AND HAVE FUN!!!
  • lizzierose1129
    Options
    HI ALL!! I have been at this for awhile. My starting weight was 195 lbs, i have lost 55 lbs and now weigh 140 lbs!!!! Ok how i lost the weight is not telling myself i couldn't have that can of soda...it was telling myself i couldn't have 12 can of sodas. lol. Eat what you want just realize at the end of the day its better to eat lower calorie foods because you get to eat more and have a better chance of not starving yourself and you will stay on diet longer. You got this. One day at a time and GO SHOPPING its a great reward for when you have lost a couple of LBS! GOOD LUCK!!!! Oh and try to drink lots of water not only is great for your insides but also your complexion!!

10376814.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter