Guess I can start here

Options
Hey everyone :)

I got started with myfitnesspal a few days ago, thanks to my girlfriend. I've tried countless other applications I've downloaded from app stores and I can't seem to stick with them for more than a month. Thankfully, MFP is completely different from all the others, actually motivating me to stick to this. I thought a little more reinforcement never hurt and talking to others who are trying to achieve the same goals would be a definite motivation as well. This community looks great and I look forward to communicating with it!

A quick bit about me -- I'm a freelance graphic designer, currently attending community college. I'm from Texas (where bigger is better, in some ways). I began gaining weight at the beginning of high school and throughout, up until now. Even though I played tennis in middle school and high school, I was never fully in shape, like I should have been (all the bullying didn't really help much either). When I graduated from high school and stopped playing tennis, I gained 40 pounds within the first year of college and I'm up to nearly 250 pounds. I'm finally fed up with it and I want to be in the best shape I've ever been. I know I can do it, but I just need a little help and motivation!

Replies

• littlemermaid1048
    Options
    Hello there. Great you are reaching out for support and encouragement on this journey called healthy living. I've been a MFP member for almost a month and I love it. Everybody here are so nice and helpful. I've lost 7 pounds following the guidelines recommend for me by this program but have lost a total of 48 pounds since I decided to change for a healthier lifestyle. Feel free to add me as your friend if you want.
  • OfficerFuzzy
    OfficerFuzzy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I am going to motivate you so much you're going to pee your pants. >:-)
    Sweentness on the 2lb already!
    Good luck, you're going to do awesome.
  • emmalou2206
    emmalou2206 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    HI Welcome to MFP and good luck with your weight loss journey. I was new to this site last week and love it so feel free to add me as a friend.

At my heaviest I weighed 254lbs and currently weigh 210lbs. I would like to lose another 42lbs and then see where i go from there.
  • jqchacon
    jqchacon Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks, all, for the motivation and warm welcome :D
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO START! WELCOME! :flowerforyou: