Family matters?

Options
Is it just me or is it irritating when you have family members just randomly come up to you and start talking about how to lose weight or some poster they saw for a supplement you should try?

I feel like I am working so hard on losing weight and I dont tell anyone that but they still feel the need to tell me what to do.

You know they are just thinking about how big you look just before telling you which gym they think is amazing.

I know sometimes they are just helping you out but still it makes me feel horrible even tho I just did cardio this very morning I have someone telling me I should go for a walk with them...shady...

Id like to know how your family/friends treat you in this area.

Replies

• Pengi81
    Pengi81 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    My mother and I are in constant competition with who is losing most weight.

At the moment she is winning

But I will one day take over!

Other than that, everybody else in my family keeps their thoughts to themselves as nobody else is trying/needing to lose weight
  • da_sammit
    da_sammit Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    my mum is supportive but when i had a cupboard clean out (i buy my own things), she kept sneaking things back into my cupboard!!! and the other day she told me i was irritable and that i needed sugar so she threw a chocolate muffin at me and then got upset when i let it go stale and never ate it.

i dont think anybody will understand our journey except the people on it and ourselves.
  • PHLLLY
    PHLLLY Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You have more information then them at your fingertips. It will be upsetting, but you can get used to it. Maybe try to use it as motivation? ORRRRRR you can just call them out and make it uncomfortable. That's what I would and have done. I don't anything back because then everything's on the table and maybe they won't mention it again.

For instance my friend made fun of me because I gained a ton of weight on a 5 week vacation with no exercise, while he sat on the couch eating a burrito. I told him "you think you're gonna get abs eating that?" He walked straight to his room and quietly ate his burrito.
  • tanyalevan
    tanyalevan Posts: 182
    Options
    Soooooooooo happy its not just me....My fam is full of skinny mini cousins..I happen to be the biggest so ofcourse i have a big sticker on my face saying "sos please help me wahh"...no

I may just have to call them out lets see hwat happens next time! :explode: