guilty :(

Options
Hi- I am new just started last week.

I've been pretty good, but today went over my calorie goal by 121 calories/ did not have enough time for exercise :(
Will this make a difference on how long it'll take me to lose weight ? I am thinking of making up for it tomorrow by eating less, but because I only have approx 5 kilos to lose, I am afraid I've ruined the effect of my good days.

I guess what I am asking is: does everybody have one day where they've let it all go and indulged, yet still achieve good results?

Replies

• teee12
    teee12 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You'll be fine :) we all have our bad days, i'm sure it wont affect it :) just exercise tomorrow and push yourself.
  • anj911
    anj911 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure 121 cals won't make any difference :smile:
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Weight loss us about averages:) as long as it's not a habit you should do fine! Good luck.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Guilt is not a good emotion.

To lose weight you've got to find foods you enjoy eating, exercise you enjoy doing and then you will enjoy life and feel better about yourself.

Following a calorie-controlled diet is all about flexibility, otherwise you'd go mental counting ever last solitary calorie.
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    One day isn't going to hurt you. Being over or under by a bit once in a while won't make or break you.
  • Kenhabes
    Kenhabes Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Guilt and shame are tickets straight to failure. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200. It's okay. We all do it. Remember, this site is calculating you at a deficit to your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure), so you may not have broke even with the TDEE.

Remember: one pound of fat = 3,500 (kilo)calories, so you would have to eat 500 calories every day over your TDEE to pack on a pound... or something like that.

Take it easy on yourself and enjoy the process and journey!

Edit: I have been using MFP faithfully since April 4, 2012 and haven't lost a pound on the scale, but I can tell that my body is losing fat. My clothes fit a little bit better already. I'm going to start tracking my measurements soon (about once a month).
  • MOTH477
    MOTH477 Posts: 17
    Options

Edit: I have been using MFP faithfully since April 4, 2012 and haven't lost a pound on the scale, but I can tell that my body is losing fat. My clothes fit a little bit better already. I'm going to start tracking my measurements soon (about once a month).

Do you exercise? I started using MFP faithfully in March. I lost 1lb in 3 weeks. So I guess one has to be patient. Unfortunately, I went on vacation and gained it back :( plus some. I am back on track now and hoping to see results. I am not working out yet trying to get my food on track first.