How does Shakeology taste?

Options
When mixed with just water? I used to love muscle milk but I had to blend it with milk or else I didn't like the taste. I see lots of recipes with Shakeology but just wondering if it's okay by itself, I won't be able to make a real shake at work.

Replies

• Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I absolultely LOVE my chocolate shakeology with just water! I have it absolutely every single morning!!
  • rherington
    rherington Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I use Chike. Love the taste and use only water. Plus there are more flavors, Banana is my favorite.
  • anikkim0915
    anikkim0915 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I did Shakeology with just water (mainly because I do not drink milk at all). It tasted fine, however I had a hard time getting past the graininess of it. Maybe it was b/c I was not mixing it up correctly or something.
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Its good with water but if u add ice to it it will have the texture of a milkshake :happy: I added 1cp of 1%milk,2 tbsp PB2,handful of ice to mine and LOVE it!
  • BurkeshireFarms
    BurkeshireFarms Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have been looking more into Shakeology. Can someone give me any input about one of the ingrediants: methylsulfonylmethane?

Based on the info I've read methylsulfonylmethane doesn't seem to provide any specific purpose. So why add it in at all?

Its a bit concerning.
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    It tasted chalky and grainy. I really disliked the taste. The flavors are also too strong for me. I think I'm in the minority because most people swear by the taste of Shakeology.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Tastes like hard earned money going in the trash
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Nasty.
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    The flavor is strong but good, I have to mix mine with skim milk I do not like only water. I take mine to work in a shaker bottle for breakfast. It keeps my full until lunch. I can really tell the days I do not drink it. Sluggish
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

That's what I was going to say!
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options

That's my favourite flavor!! :drinker:
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I think Chocolate tastes good but needs to be blended with milk or soy milk(and more than 8 oz of liquid, it's thick so I add a little water too). It's really good with a banana too. But, everyone's tastes are different. I think some protein powders and bars are awful that people love. I also think the other Shakeology flavors are awful but people like them so you won't know til you sample for yourself.
    It really is super expensive so it's not worth it to me to buy anymore.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Tastes bad with just water. I had to use milk with mine when I tried it, then it tastes okay. Not worth the $$ IMO.

Some beachbody coaches will send you a free sample if you want to try it first.
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have been looking more into Shakeology. Can someone give me any input about one of the ingrediants: methylsulfonylmethane?

Based on the info I've read methylsulfonylmethane doesn't seem to provide any specific purpose. So why add it in at all?

Its a bit concerning.

Methylsulfonylmethane is MSM, which is what most people know it as. MSM is necessary for collagen synthesis: skin and is believed to relieve stress, asthma, arthritis, inflammation, constipation, candida, detoxify the body and increase blood circulation, reduce muscle cramps, and back pain, help muscles to heal, increases energy, alertness, mental calmness, and the ability to concentrate. MSM scavenges free radicals, relieves allergies to food and pollens, helps the liver produce choline, controls acidity in stomach and ulcers, coats intestinal tract so parasites lose ability to hang on, helps with hypersensitivity to drugs, increases body’s ability to produce insulin, is important for carbohydrate metabolism, and speeds wound healing.

Many people take MSM w/ Glucosamine & Chondroitin, which is often how you'll find it bundled in the pharmacy aisles.

I don't love it mixed with water (blender, almond milk & ice for me), but that's how my husband drinks his at work. No more psoriasis for him and no more dermatitis/eczema for me. I'm an ingredient nut/label read/foodie too. :)
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I got a free sample of the chocolate Shakeology a couple years ago. I mixed it with plain water and had to toss it out. So gross I couldn't get it down--and I am used to protein powder. Gross and totally not worth the money, in my opinion.
  • fatbride2012
    Options
    i drink shakeology everyday and i love it...with just water or even milk its horrible so i take a scoop of shakeology a regular size banana and a cup and a half of ice and a cup of silk almond unsweetend milk (wich i can only find at wal-mart) then blend in blender and i think it taste great and i am a very picky person when it comes to food or drinks ... my energy level is through the roof i hope you give it another chance you just have to find what you like...goodluck
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options

never had it but I imagine it tasted like this!
  • karenzaphyr
    Options
    I love the Shakeology. I have it everyday. Usually for breakfast - but I do prefer mine mixed up in the blender. It's definitely worth the price!
  • asitshouldbe
    Options
    What about using unsweetened almond milk? Tastes great and low in cals and fat. 50%more calcium than milk too! I use the Visalus shakes on the 90 challenge and they taste like a cake mix and can be mixed with anything you like, even coffee. Like Starbucks latte! I have never heard of shakeology.
  • sneats
    sneats Posts: 3
    Options
    My whole family loves it! I can tolerate it with 10 oz water and the powder alone when I am in a hurry. If Im not in any hurry I mix it up with frozen fruits and other ingredients. Love it!! and it is well worth the money I have put into it! My moms type 2 diabetes has almost reversed itself. Its been absolutely amazing for my family! My kids can even drink it and love it when I make milk shakes for them. Talk about a healthy treat!!

My thoughts about the money issue. I thought it was expensive to start, but you honestly get what you pay for and when It comes to my health the cost is nothing but great news. I dont have the doctor bills, I dont pay for vitamin supplements, it replaces my prenatals and is safe for baby when I get pregnant again (been pre approved by my doc), it has SAVED me money because it has curved my appetite and cravings for fast food. As well as Im not eating everything at home. Our food is lasting longer because I no longer feel the need to keep eating. My body is getting what it needs with one shake a day. To me, its all worth it. We order two bags a month because my husband is also a big time drinker. He loves it for lunch and mixes it up with protein powder. I say its worth a shot to try it!!