Weighing yourself...

Options
2»

Replies

• CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Monday is my official weigh-in day unless I didn't go (sorry to be gross) #2 bathroom visit on the weekend. That can throw off the scale by a scary amount. Fiber keeps the weight off and the scale singing!
  • marynmarty
    marynmarty Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I started weighing in 3x a week just to make sure I'm staying on track. Now I can't help but do it every morning to make sure I'm back on track. I NEED to stop as it consumes my life. Plus it's not much of a shock on your real weigh in day because you knew what it was going to be. SO my goal is to go back to doing it 3x a week so I still get that shock at the end of the week :-)
  • CookieCatCatcher
    CookieCatCatcher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    How often do you all weigh in? I know you shouldn't do it daily, because I learned the hard way. I've been tracking my cals and staying on track as well as exercising and drinking my water. I weighed myself yesterday and today at the same time of day and was up a pound and a half. Ugh discouraged!!!! It can't scientifically be!! Lol. So do you weigh yourself weekly? How often? Thanks!

Actually - studies show that people who weigh themselves daily weigh less, and are more conscious about what they eat, and lose more during the course of a weight loss program.

That being said, i do weigh in every morning. If I am up a pound or two overnight, I don't freak out because I know its just water weight (from too much salt, too many carbs, or not enough water) from the day before. Then I just adjust what I am eating and keep on track with my water and exercise.
  • treyalan
    treyalan Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, I don't want to weight my self everyday because if I don't see a loss, I'm too frustrated. I want to continue to work out, eat healthy and drop these pounds so if I can't see it happening soon enough, I'll want to give up....and that's not going to happen!
  • DalexD
    DalexD Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I know the numbers will change during the day, but I stand on the scale just because I find it interesting to see the amount my weight can fluctuate during the day. I weigh myself every Friday and I accept these results, not the ones I get daily.
  • Heyman09
    Heyman09 Posts: 184
    Options
    How often do you all weigh in? I know you shouldn't do it daily, because I learned the hard way. I've been tracking my cals and staying on track as well as exercising and drinking my water. I weighed myself yesterday and today at the same time of day and was up a pound and a half. Ugh discouraged!!!! It can't scientifically be!! Lol. So do you weigh yourself weekly? How often? Thanks!

I just started weighing and measuring on the 1st of every month!!! Otherwise it drives me bonkers.
  • bluemorpho1247
    bluemorpho1247 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Daily with Official on a Friday and a check on Monday to see if accurate :)
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

I weigh myself once a week in the morning before breakfast & after I have visited the bathroom! I am not really too concerned with the scale anymore though, I am measuring myself with a measuring tape every 4 weeks instead as it's far more important than a number on the scale && my focus is on losing body fat% and gaining muscle mass.

Good luck.
  • allotmentwench
    Options
    Twice a week, Saturday morning is my official bathroom scales weight, and I way with my daughter as we are both trying the loose weight, then on a Monday when I do my Wii Biggest Loser Challenge. There is a difference in the weights but I don't care, I know I am eating healthy and exercising more than I ever have before so I know I am doing myself good.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    just recently decided to start doign it every 2 weeks b/c TOM makes it high one week and ovulation makes it high 2 weeks later. so i'll go with the in between weeks for a more accurate picture
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning same time. And then I email it to my trainer.
  • Jezebel_Barbie
    Jezebel_Barbie Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Once a week. I also don't own a scale which is no bad thing (for me).
  • hazelsmrf
    hazelsmrf Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, with the less variables possible. So, naked, first thing in the morning after I pee. Since I always weigh right after getting up and naked, the weight should stay consistent from day to day (barring sodium/hormones etc). I change my weights in my tracker when I'm at a new low, I don't track my fluctuations, which happen basically every other day. It works for me, I've found that when I don't want to weigh myself it's because on some level I've not been giving it my all, so if that's the case I should at least force myself to notice what's happening.
  • LuLuRunner1
    LuLuRunner1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself Mon-Fri as soon as I pee and before jumping in the shower. My weight seems to fluctuate as much as 2-3 pounds every few days so I feel more confident that I can see a "happy medium". I'm always worried that if I only weigh once a week that it will be a "high" day and I'll get discouraged or it will be a "low" day and I end up going too far over my calorie allowance.

Like some of the others, though, I don't document a loss or a gain until it's been that way for a couple of days and then I'll record the weight from a few days ago, never the lowest.
  • mckendon
    mckendon Posts: 2
    Options
    I do this too and then I get depressed for the day if I see a gain. :(