Clothes Closet

Options
Just curious...I know we all spend tons of money on clothes and with many of us in transitional sizes for periods of time...would this be something people would be interested in? One of the bariatric surgery centers here in Augusta, GA does a clothes swap so those losing weight can get clothing from those already out of the sizes they need. So it's a huge hand-me-down program. I'm a tight-wad (and admit it...I'm definitely not alone!) so I figured we could all benefit from each other's weight loss. Think about this, it's much cheaper to ship clothes back and forth than to go out and buy clothes that you might be able to wear for a couple months at the most. Just would like to know what everyone thinks of this.

Replies

• mpowers13
    mpowers13 Posts: 11
    Options
    That sounds like a great idea. I always donate my clothes to the local Goodwill. I did it on my way up in size, it will be nice when i take then in this time that it will be so I can clean out my closet for smaller sizes! :-)
  • Sweetncgal78
    Sweetncgal78 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Ive been thinking about bringing this up!! Its a great idea! We are in a bad financial rut and as I continue to lose weight I wont be able afford clothes that fit. And then again, I will have a bunch on hand that dont fit and would love to donate those to someone who needs them!. Would realllly love to be a part of this!

*GREAT TOPIC Cheryl!*
  • cheryl_egan
    Options
    It's nice to see others interested. I say we come up with a way to do this or see about the administrators here on MFP organizing a place specifically where we can list the sizes needed, sizes available, and a way to reach each other.
  • OceansForever
    OceansForever Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure I've seen a group for that on MFP but cannot remember right now what it is called or else I would search for it ...
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I have like 40 pairs of jeans... No joke. all sizes 9-22... Half of them have never been worn and just have tags on them. I am at a size 17, and im hopeing will only have a feww weeks in the lower sizes, and definetly plan on donating!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I think I'd rather go to an actual thrift store than give out my mailing address to strangers on the internet, but whatever floats your boat.
  • mommamisty823
    Options
    What a great idea!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options

thanks for that, although it looks like it could use some recharging! last activity was 2 months ago!
  • cheryl_egan
    Options
    Thanks for the link everyone. Some of the groups are really obscure. It would be great if they added this as one of the main tabs or simply make it more visible.
  • cheryl_egan
    Options
    Yeah, I understand. I wouldn't just give my address to joe blow... there would have to be some sort of privacy when it comes to location, etc.
  • nszocinski
    nszocinski Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    There's already a group. Mfp thrift store! Try that.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!