Anyone have a lot to lose? Eating 2000 calories?

Options
I have a lot of trouble reaching my 2000 calorie limit. I'd like to find some others who have a lot to lose (I have about 75 lbs to go). Thanks!

Replies

• jaxaudriesmom
    Options
    I would like to lose 60 pounds total when all is said and done. I just started though. I am trying to maintain a 1200 calorie diet, which is not easy. But, I am the type of person who needs to see results quick. Good luck and I wish you the best...
  • chefkev
    chefkev Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    wow, I am a guy and my limit is 1500 cals. and I am training for a triathlon at the same time. I would maintain on 2000
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    If you don't feel like you need to eat more, don't. A number can't tell you as much as your own body can. Good luck!
  • sammywil
    sammywil Posts: 104
    Options
    2000 Cals is quite a high daily intake to lose weight, however it would depend on your lifestyle, current weight, height etc, still If I were you I would check your stats again.
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I've got about 50 more pounds to lose and I eat around 2,400 calories per day - I tend to focus on more calorie rich foods (avocado, nuts, etc) so I don't feel overstuffed, or have lots of extra calories so I can justify eating junk. 2,000 sounds great though - friend me if you'd like!
  • DyanCB
    DyanCB Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I agree, find your own level but understand how your body works. There are so many theories about calorie levels but I learned a bit form this link that discusses my past behavior - restricting calories - it may be helpful to you, too : http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing
  • Janiot
    Janiot Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I am aiming to lose 21.5kg initially = approx 47 pounds - have lost 31 pounds in 12 weeks and will probably go an extra 5kg lower so 58 pounds all up.
    I am eating about 1410 calories before exercise calories, with latter I can go up to 2000 some days.
    Seems to work best if exercise calories are mostly consumed daily.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i eat between 1600-2000 calories a day. my tdee is around 2400. i try not to restrict my calories too much so i can get through my daily beatings, i mean workouts
  • karaemoore
    karaemoore Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have set my limit to 1650 and that seems to be working for me. I usually eat under that amount anyway. I started out at 302 in February and have dropped 36 lbs since then. I don't know what your height and all is, but I am 5'11" . Good luck!!
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I have around 60 pounds left to lose.... I try to stay between 2100 and 2400 calories per day. I have trouble eating this many calories without getting into junk. My diary for the last 2-3 weeks has TANKED. I haven't been eating during the day (IDK why, I pack my lunch and bring it to work EVERY DAY), so I find myself trying to get it all in after my workouts at night. I just need to spread mine out more....
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I started out with 130 lb to lose, and I don't really pay attention to calories but I think I was eating 2300 per day. Around that. I have a metabolic disorder, so it's more important for me to limit my carbs severely and eat plenty of protein. But I've had success. When I was up over 300 lb I could still lose weight while eating over 2000 calories. Now I've lost 70 lb and generally only take in around 1800 calories per day. As I reduce my weight, I'll continue to reduce the calorie intake; but for me, it happens naturally, I don't worry about calorie-counting too much, I just try to eat healthily, eat regularly & without binging, and eat what my body needs. Works for me, anyway. My average loss over the last year has been a little over a pound a week, but I'm perfectly happy with that, I feel it's healthier and more sustainable when it's a more gradual change.

Everyone's body is different, you just have to figure out what will work for your particular body. Good luck to you!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I don't have a lot to lose (15lbs total, 6lbs already gone) but I'm on 2000 net calories so eat 2000-2500 roughly each day.

My diary's public if you want to have a look at what I eat, I have no trouble reaching that amount.
    Edit: I don't (or rarely) have junk or "unhealthy" snacks etc. Most of my calories just come from regular standard meals.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    wow, I am a guy and my limit is 1500 cals. and I am training for a triathlon at the same time. I would maintain on 2000

If that's true your seriously screwed up your metabolism.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" tall with 62lbs to lose. I eat at least 2000 calories.
  • ZoayZoay
    ZoayZoay Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hello. I burn about 3000 plus calories a day depending on what I'm doing (according to my ki fit I burned almost 4000 yesterday). I'm pretty fat and more interested in sustainability than speed with my weight loss. So I am eating about 2000 or a bit over very often.

My recent efforts are centered on eating fewer carbs which is working well for me. I am thoroughly enjoying eating yummy things with fat in them (avocado, houmous, etc) and find I am much less hungry this way.

Feel free to add me if you want. I'm not very exciting ;) I'm trying not to be obsessive about weight; I'm thinking I'm ok as I am and am just working on getting healthier.
  • marynmarty
    marynmarty Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My total that I want to lose is 120 pounds. I'm at 56.6 right now. What I have done is only eat 1200 a day and leave at least 1,000 behind uneaten. I start out with 1600 a day on my profile but I gain more by exercising. By leaving at least 1000 behind a day they said you should lose at least a pound. Since I started this I range from 1.4-2 a week......I stay pretty well around the 1200-1300 intake a day. I would say if your not hungry, I wouldn't go up to 2000 a day. Your still doing great though!!! Keep it up :-)
  • loseiteli
    loseiteli Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I eat about 2200 calories a day, netting around 1800. I still have about 50 pounds to go! feel free to add me!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    My total that I want to lose is 120 pounds. I'm at 56.6 right now. What I have done is only eat 1200 a day and leave at least 1,000 behind uneaten. I start out with 1600 a day on my profile but I gain more by exercising. By leaving at least 1000 behind a day they said you should lose at least a pound. Since I started this I range from 1.4-2 a week......I stay pretty well around the 1200-1300 intake a day. I would say if your not hungry, I wouldn't go up to 2000 a day. Your still doing great though!!! Keep it up :-)

MFP already creates the deficit with the 1600 it's giving you (extra if you exercise)

There is no need to leave at least 1000 calories left at the end of the day. By doing so, you're just creating an even larger deficit, and likely, not eating enough. (Larger deficits aren't always good)
  • SusanLovesToEat
    SusanLovesToEat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't open so its hard to comment but you might consider adding a cup of museli with dried fruit and nuts in the morning. I have mine with almond milk.
    That should crank up the calories!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

Leaving 1000 on top of a setting that has you losing 1 pound a week would result in a deficit of 1500 calories. That is not safe or healthy. You're seriously underfeeding yourself. You should up your calories to match what MFP gives you when you enter your workouts.