went over my cals

Options
I exercised today and ate, but it looks like I went over my calorie allowance today. Is this ok once in a while? I'm feeling a bit full now because I ate too much for supper and feel like I should go outside and burn more calories. :noway: I'm frustrated with myself now.

help!

Replies

• Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I exercised today and ate, but it looks like I went over my calorie allowance today. Is this ok once in a while? I'm feeling a bit full now because I ate too much for supper and feel like I should go outside and burn more calories. :noway: I'm frustrated with myself now.

help!

You can go outside and burn some but remember that it's 3500 calories for 1 pound and that they are taking out calories to start with!
  • weasleman42
    Options
    You'll be fine. We all go over once in a while. Just get back on track tomorrow. No worries. Good luck!
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. It is okay every once in a while to indulge. If you are too hard on yourself you wont stick to it. the important thing to remember is tomorrow is a new day. I tend to go over a bit on the weekends, but make sure I stay about 100 calories below during the week. To clarify, I eat all of my exercise calories except for about 100 (my thinking is just incase I did not calculate correctly it leaves room for error). I have to admit, we have a very busy social life, and weekends are a killer. I don't even count the calories, but am wary of what I eat, so I keep it reasonable.

If you freak out when you go over a little you will not find it worth it in the end. Consider it a cheat day. I just borrowed the book "Think like a Skinny Chick " from the library, they actually encourage cheating now and again, chances are you will stick to it for life if you know you can and still get back in the saddle.

35 lbs lost that is amazing, you deserve a little reward for your efforts. Relax.

BTW your baby is beautiful...
  • donaldliggett
    Options
    We all do this sometimes. The most important thing to remember is to continue exercising on a regular basis. I have also read on a fitness page that it is good to fluxuate on your daily calorie intake. This keeps your metabolism on its toes and always working effeciently.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i went over today too...but there is still time to burn it off.
  • ThePoptart
    ThePoptart Posts: 28
    Options
    Well I know it feels like crap when you go over, but if you're still awake and it's bothering you...seriously, do something to burn it off! You will feel better. But if for any reason you can't, just don't worry about it. Do better next time =):flowerforyou:
  • keppick
    keppick Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Of course it's okay.... once in a while. If you can't party periodically life sucks! Just keep in mind that the party is RARE! Even when it's not a party... you're over today. Get back on track tomorrow. One day doesn't ruin things.
  • strawberry25shortcake
    strawberry25shortcake Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Honestly...I go over my calories every single day. I mean, it is nice to keep your calorie intake count, but we are all human and life is not perfect. Don't beat yourself up-it's OK. It's not about the numbers, but about the choices and eating healthy instead of junk food.
  • hahahollylol
    hahahollylol Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone :flowerforyou: I went for a 45 minute walk, with my baby in a baby carrier. It was great! :drinker: