i have fallen back into old way... help!!

Options
2»

Replies

• shonovo
    shonovo Posts: 104
    Options
    thanks so much guys! it means so much to me that you guys took the time to write to me and support me! i find that i can be my own worst enemy at times... if i am not sticking to it, or i binged that day i just refuse to go onto this site even though this is what is going to help me the most! i really need to record my binges but i know that each one is probably around 5000 calories or so... its actually horrifying!!!!! and i also find that since ive not been eating well this past week im breaking out and i am also getting interested in a guy i dumped in the past for him being morbidly obese and i thought i deserved better... and then this week i thought i deserved him b/c i feel so fat and upset... it is not a good plce to be... i need to get hotter and skinnier so i can get the best guy i deserve!! i need to write down why i want this b/c the list of why i want to get healthy and fit and beautiful is way longer than the list of why i wanna binge and eat all this crap ive been eating?!!?
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    You know what the problem is. I am sure you know how to fix it. Good luck!
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I've had times when i just want to quit.. but then I just think of why I am doing this and how far I've come and then i want to give it another go.

Don't give up on yourself. The cycle won't end unless you break it. Don't let failure be an option. Stay with it and it will be worth it.
  • shonovo
    shonovo Posts: 104
    Options
    it is so frustrating to say this, i have fallen back into my old ways and all i am doing is gaining (obviously!) i keep bingeing, finding excuses for working out and not sticking to any sort of plan! i keep saying today will be the day! and then i dont stick to it! so why should i even bother saying it if i cant even stick to my word?! i am so stressed, i have so much going on, its the last month of this semester and its crunch time and i cant really handle it! i am turning to food to comfort me! i need some real encouragement and i need it fast!! i cant balloon into a balooga whale again!!! i am still down 20 lbs from my highest and i cant EVER get back up there!!!! please help me guys!!

We have all been here before! I am also a binge eater when it comes to stressful situations. I have told myself the same exact things that you quoted in your post. The thing that I am trying to learn is that I don't have to let my emotions control what I eat. When I feel like I can't control anything that is going on around me (my crappy living situation, my job, school, friends), I find some comfort in knowing that I CAN control what I am eating and my physical activity. I know there is a little, evil voice inside my head that tells me it's okay to binge and be lazy, but I try to stop and think about what the voice is telling me before I act. I don't always succeed, but if I try hard enough, it tends to help me. And when I do fall off the wagon, I get mad that I have to pick myself back up, but you just have to get back on. It's not going to be easy, but it will be worth it.

Everyone's advice so far is good, it's just hard to choose what is right for you. I suggest you just take some time to yourself to think about what's going on in hopes that you can find personal ways to cope.

I wish you the best of luck with everything. Don't doubt yourself, you can do anything you set your mind to.

thank you so much! i really like what you have to say! it means so much to me! i like that, that the only thing i can control is my eating... i need to think like that too!!
  • Ariaeko
    Ariaeko Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I understand as I am coming off the same trend myself. Overall you just need to remember we all have slip-ups and it's ok. Just try not to let it override all of the progress you have made. Try to remind yourself of your initial reasons for starting this way of life.

@xcgirl078 - I have been thinking about doing a vegan fast/cleanse recently. Do you have a link to the plan that you followed by any chance?
  • DottieNewton
    DottieNewton Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I know all about this from years of wrong choices. and being obese--I hate that word--the only thing I hate worse is to be labeled MORBIDLY obese! What a terrible label!! I shudder every time I see it. That instills great motivation-NOT!

We can use/ and do use the excuse of stress as a reason/cause to overeat. We lie to ourselves every time we do. and I lie to myself often. In truth, we let ourselves fall back into a defeatist mode. We need to examine ourselves and our thoughts to find the answer. We must decide it does matter/ that we do matter/ that we are important enough to get healthy. It is the WHATEVER attitude that defeats us.

I love what Dr Phil says "YOU NEED TO GET EXCITED ABOUT YOUR LIFE" Then make right choices for support that life.
    During this time of increased stress--and if we are breathing we are stressed- you would feel better if you were eating good for you food. So, do bring in a supply of fruits, veggies, high fiber bars, protein that is readily available. and eat up!!
  • mphlab
    mphlab Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You have so much courage to ask for help- ou can do it! Do you eat at your Basal Metabolic Rate? i find that if I eat at my BMR. I lose my urge to binge. I can go over my goal but trying to stick to 1650 calories is easier than 1200. If you look into the Eat More to Weigh Less Movement, it may work for you! The weigh loss is about a pound a week but you will get there eventually!
  • jmiller8290
    jmiller8290 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need of moral support, 2 pounds off 28 to go ! feel free to add me pllllzzzz :)
  • Ledgehanger
    Ledgehanger Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    it is so frustrating to say this, i have fallen back into my old ways and all i am doing is gaining (obviously!) i keep bingeing, finding excuses for working out and not sticking to any sort of plan! i keep saying today will be the day! and then i dont stick to it! so why should i even bother saying it if i cant even stick to my word?! i am so stressed, i have so much going on, its the last month of this semester and its crunch time and i cant really handle it! i am turning to food to comfort me! i need some real encouragement and i need it fast!! i cant balloon into a balooga whale again!!! i am still down 20 lbs from my highest and i cant EVER get back up there!!!! please help me guys!!

I coach my daughter's basketball team. One of the first rules rules we talk about is that they are not allowed to say they *can't* do something. If you say you can't do something, you have already accepted failure as the natural course of things. In other words, if you insist on saying you can't... you are right - but only because you've chosen that.

If you were on my daughter's basketball team, I would make you run a lap. ;o)

You can do this. You have to decide that it's more important to you than the other stuff that's getting in the way. If you have recognized that stress makes you crave food for comfort, find something else to use for that comfort. Carry around a stuffed animal for comfort if you must - but make a decision not to allow yourself to fail.

And then, if at some point you slip up, just give your stuffed animal a little hug and move on already.

Good luck. :o)
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    We all slip up sometimes. There was only one perfect person on this earth and He died 2000 years ago. You CAN do this, you may just have to break it into smaller and smaller increments. For example, instead of saying "I had a bad day and didn't follow my plan", think: "for the past 10 minutes, I did great." Next thing you know, you've been doing great for an hour. Then two hours, then four. Sooner or later, you'll find you did good for a whole day. Celebrate those successes and keep stringing them together! This journey to wellness won't happen overnight, but by taking it one day, or even one hour at a time, it CAN be done.

One parting thought for you to ponder about when the cravings come: Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels!