Celebrity Crushes

Options
garnetsms
garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
I heard an interesting topic on the radio this morning and thought it would make for good conversation today. As a kid, what celebrity did you have a crush on???

My first celebrity crush that I can remember was "Bo Duke" (I've always had a thing for country boys)

One of the guys that called in said his crush was the Hee Haw girls. The radio announcer commented on the fact that here we all throught our dads, grandpas etc loved good wholesome programming and now we have been busted....

Replies

• garnetsms
    Options
    I find it hard to believe I am the only one that had a celebrity crush
  • tnshahud
    tnshahud Posts: 163
    Options
    Well lets see there was Bo Duke (Bo-Delicious, anyone who can slide across a hood like that gets my vote:blushing: ) Zac from Saved by the bell along with A.C. Slater. Charles from "Charles in Charge". O can't forget Buddy!! Tony from "How's the Boss"! Mike from "Growing Pains"!
    Must I go on!!!! Yes, I'm a Celebrity Crush W*ore!!!!! HA!
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Oh this is so going to date me.

Davey Jones
    Sean Casidy
    Simon Le Bon (80's Simon with the torn shirt, I wanted to marry him)
    Anythony Michael Hall (I love geeky boys and he was so cute in the 80's)
  • garnetsms
    Options
    OH Yeah!! I don't know too many people who didn't LOVE the Duke boys. I remember one of my friends who told me that she prayed for him to be saved. Imagine her surprise when he professed his belief, and I believe he does work for TBN as well.

I will second AC Slater!!! Charles in Charge and Mike Seaver! I do know Kirk Cameron is now doing work with TBN and he recently was at my church doing a marriage seminar. I didn't go, but let me tell you, I wanted to. It was $45/couple to get in.

We must not forget Michael J Fox (in his younger years) either
  • tnshahud
    Options
    Oh this is so going to date me.

Davey Jones
    Sean Casidy
    Simon Le Bon (80's Simon with the torn shirt, I wanted to marry him)
    Anythony Michael Hall (I love geeky boys and he was so cute in the 80's)

I second on Davey Jones!!!
  • tnshahud
    Options
    OH Yeah!! I don't know too many people who didn't LOVE the Duke boys. I remember one of my friends who told me that she prayed for him to be saved. Imagine her surprise when he professed his belief, and I believe he does work for TBN as well.

I will second AC Slater!!! Charles in Charge and Mike Seaver! I do know Kirk Cameron is now doing work with TBN and he recently was at my church doing a marriage seminar. I didn't go, but let me tell you, I wanted to. It was $45/couple to get in.

We must not forget Michael J Fox (in his younger years) either

And I forgot Family Ties!!!!
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid? Daphne Blake.
    -wtk
  • NSQuintana
    NSQuintana Posts: 207
    Options
    I'm no groupie, and typically don't have celebrity crushes, But I've developed a HUGE crush on Derrick Rose. Lol at one point even had his photo as my screensaver. That has since died down drastically since my fiance told me that he contracted gonorrhea from some groupie skank. Damn.
  • garnetsms
    Options
    I'm no groupie, and typically don't have celebrity crushes, But I've developed a HUGE crush on Derrick Rose. Lol at one point even had his photo as my screensaver. That has since died down drastically since my fiance told me that he contracted gonorrhea from some groupie skank. Damn.

OH nasty!! I think that would do it for me too!!
  • MariaAlbina
    MariaAlbina Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Simon Helberg. I don't know why, but he's so darn cute!

And Jason Bateman. mmmm :love:
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Alice Eve and my all time fave is Angelina Jolie.
  • EndofEternity
    Options
    As a kid: Amanda Bynes.

Currently: Natalie Portman and James Franco
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    As a kid- totally with you on the Zack Morris and AC Slater...I SO wanted to be Kelly

These days---Zac Efron but only in Hairspray...I love a man that can sing and dance
    And absolutely James Franco (also in Hairspray)
    Ryan Gosling
    Jim Sturgess
  • ashmarie484
    ashmarie484 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid: Dylan 90210 & Tim McGraw lol
  • rblair_22
    rblair_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    As a kid- totally with you on the Zack Morris and AC Slater...I SO wanted to be Kelly

These days---Zac Efron but only in Hairspray...I love a man that can sing and dance
    Ryan Gosling
    Jim Sturgess

Okay I was totally confused because James Franco is not in Hairspray. I think you mean James Marsden.

I totally agree on both James' though. Also, Josh Hartnett. I love his eyes!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    jtt2-sized.jpg

MAN that was a huge JTT picture! lol, had to edit for a smaller pic
  • garnetsms
    Options
    When I was a kid: Dylan 90210 & Tim McGraw lol

I loved Luke Perry in the movie 8 seconds...It was a role completely different from his norm (he pulled it off well)

OH Yes! Tim McGraw, but even better Toby Keith!!! OMG!!
  • Schraudt814
    Options

Ryan Gosling
    Jim Sturgess

Okay I was totally confused because James Franco is not in Hairspray. I think you mean James Marsden.

I totally agree on both James' though. Also, Josh Hartnett. I love his eyes!

Good catch! hahaha...but yea I'm not picky. I'll take either. Although I find James Franco's intelligence intimidating....
  • mdsjmom98
    mdsjmom98 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Oh I got a few celebrity crushes from my childhood....Andy Gibb, I was devastated when he died. Parker Stevenson from the Hardy boys...such a cutie.

I still have a couple celebrity crushes now. I love that guy from Hawaii 5-0, Alex O'Laughlin, sooooo hot. Another guy I really adore is the guy from Auction Hunters, Alan Haff. He has such cute boyish charm, and such a beautiful smile. Oh, and ditto for me on the Zac Efron thing. He's such a doll, but I feel so creepy being as old as I am!!
  • Schraudt814
    Options
    jtt2-sized.jpg

MAN that was a huge JTT picture! lol, had to edit for a smaller pic

how in the world did I forget JTT?!?!? I had a huge poster of him in my room!!