healthy pizza?

Options
Thinkingof making a healthy pizza for dinner tomorrow night! Anyone have any good recipes? or any photos of what they have made??

Replies

• Des0528
    Des0528 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I just saw this on the forums this morning!!

Ingredients:

1 whole wheat pita
    low-fat marinara sauce (you can also use fat free but it tastes too bland to me)
    fat free shredded cheese
    toppings (I use pineapple since I LOVE pineapple pizza)

Simply rip the pita in half, and stuff the sauce and toppings inside. Microwave for 45 seconds and done! So good! Almost like a calzone but much healthier!

Pita- 170 calories, 2 grams of fat, 35 carbs
    1/2 cup Low fat marinara - 60 calories, 0 fat, 12 carbs
    0.5 cup pineapple- 37 calories, 0 fat, 12 carbs
    1/4 cup Fat free shredded cheese- 45 calories, 0 fat, 2 carbs

The whole meal equals 312 calories, 2 grams of fat, and 61 carbs, 16 grams of protein. Not bad!

edit: If you need more protein, you can add some low fat pepperoni or other toppings:)
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,922 Member
    Options
    Pizza is unhealthy? There's bad tasting pizza, that's for sure.
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend and I make this all the time:

1 Boboli Thin Crust 12"
    1/2 C Pizza Sauce
    2-3C of your favorite veggies (I like peppers, avacaodo, tomato, mushrooms, broccoli)
    1/2 C of Mozzerella
    2tsp Olive oil
    Spices of your choice

Spread Olive oil on Crust. Mix Veggies, Cheese, Spices in a bowl. Top Crust with Sauce and Veggie/Cheese mix. Bake at 425 til desired done-ness.

Its about 600 Calories for HALF of a pizza. Its filling and DELICIOUS
  • mcfish618
    mcfish618 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I also like using Pita bread but does not seem big enough to my so I have started using flat our flat bread light orginal or light rosmary they are super long/oval shape and only 90 calories. I use one or two wedges of laughing cow cheese on them spread super thin, then just a little bit of pizza sauce, onions, peppers black olives, spinich (I have always loved veggies) then if you need meat on yours you can use canadian bacon, or we use the turkey sausage. For my kids I use light mozzarella but for me I like feta cheese. Super healthy and you feel like you are eating a huge serving because the "crust" is so large.
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    instead of using dough, you can use rice cakes. i know it sounds lame, but rice cake pizza is BOMB!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I don't have a recipe...as I usually just buy myself a small whole wheat thin crust vegetarian pizza, light on the cheese.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    whole whaet thin crust baboli
    brush with Olive oil
    throw a few tomatoe slices on instead of sauce
    Garlic powder
    a little fresh grated mozarella
    cook using baboli instructions
    top with Fresh Basil

YUM!
  • thedurttybride
    Options
    We tried using the flat out bread last night as pizza dough and it turned out great! Definitely satisfied the pizza craving. They have great recipes here - http://www.flatoutbread.com/Flatout Bread - Easy Entertainment Recipes.pdf
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    That sounds good!
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I made this...

http://vittlesandbits.blogspot.com/2012/01/honey-wheat-pizza-dough.html

I split the dough in half and made it into 2 "medium" thinner pizzas which cut the cals down a bit. Made bbq chicken. It was yummy. :)
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I've made mine before halving or quartering a recipe for dough, using whole wheat flour and rolling the base really, really thin. I then put tomato purée over the base, added some veggies and crumbled a little bit of goats cheese over it. The goats cheese has a strong flavour so you don't need much.
    Also, adding a teeny bit of sweet chilli sauce to the tomato purée makes a delicious flavour, even if its healthier without.
  • emhow
    emhow Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Try using a tortilla wrap as the base, spread some tomato purée or sauce on it, any veg topping and then low fat cottage cheese or mozzarella on top. It's awesome :) garlic prawns are also good on top!
  • jackiemarie
    jackiemarie Posts: 111
    Options
    english muffin pizza too! yummy! less cals
  • bridgeo74
    bridgeo74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I saw a recipe for cauliflower crust on Pinterest...haven't tried it yet, but it loked delish!!!
  • Becky_Boodle
    Becky_Boodle Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I like to build pizzas on whole wheat english muffins or tortillas, whole wheat or spinach
    then top with basil pesto or bbq sauce, shrimp, red onions, pineapple and low fat cheese
    well...I know what I'm having for lunch now :)
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I saw a recipe for cauliflower crust on Pinterest...haven't tried it yet, but it loked delish!!!

i wish I was at home, i have this. . its actually really good and cuts calories by A LOT
  • kikileanne
    Options
    i need some good recipe for helthy pizza