HItting a "bump" in the road...15 to go

Options
I have been dieting and using MFP since January along with the help of my physician. He has suggested per my BMI to lose 50 lbs ,but need to be at the 128-135 mark( scales). Beginning weight of 193.3, now at 169.2 & I feel much better . Howeve,r I have hit a "bump" in the road and only lost 1 pound in the last month. My calorie intake has been decreased from 1500 to 1200, protien increased. My physician has suggested also to change up my workout .I do Zumba 3 x/week and on the weeks that I run ..I see no results:((...Help here , any suggestions on diet? Exercise? Not looking forward to it taking "a year" to lose the other 15 lbs to reach the first goal from my physician.

Replies

• ecb1990
    ecb1990 Posts: 10
    Options
    First off you are doing great. You have lost so much weight already you should be proud of yourself! I was 160 and I am now down to 142 and I also hit that bump in the road. I have the same goal as you (130-135) and I noticed that when I began working out it was easy to shed the weight and now I am having a difficult time getting it down more. The trick I learned is including more weight training into my workouts. It keeps calories burning during the day compared to cardio which only burns calories while you are working out. You can google a billion weight training ideas. If you are at a gym, try using the machines. (the weight training that helps burn the most calories is in the thigh/butt region). Also, of course make sure you are eating healthy. Keep your sugar and salt down. Salt is a major problem because it retains water which adds alot to weight. You can flush it out by increaing your daily water intake. Good luck! :)
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I would agree that you'd done an amazing job so far. I know not losing weight can be very discouraging. I've been in the 160's FOREVER! I was 162 when I joined MFP and now I'm 169. I started lifting and gained weight. I am totally afraid of gaining more weight but my measurements tell me I'm losing. Losing slowly but still losing. I am so hard on myself and my husband thinks that's part of the problem. My "skinny" weight has become my new "fat" weight and he thinks that mind set is working against me. Anyways - I would agree with weight lifting even though you could see an increase in weight. I think losing inches and toning is more important than being skinny fat.

I also think 1200 is way too low but that is just my opinion. There is a group on here that talks about eating more and still losing. Lost of ladies eat between 1500-2000 and still lose weight weekly. Hard to believe but its true.

Good luck to you!
  • amadrie
    amadrie Posts: 7
    Options
    Thank u both. I had tried some weights, but stopped. I already have thick "short" legs and they were gettin bigger and my upper body still isnt satisfying to me "yet". I kinda thought 1200 cal was too low , but at the weight loss clinic I go to he said I needed to "shock my system" be more "aggressive". Problem is that I work 12hr days and some days I do good getting in 800 cal. I have been eating healhy , only water and not one SODA in 5 mths.
  • amadrie
    amadrie Posts: 7
    Options
    Hey ladies, been a while since Ive blogged. How is it going for you all? Well I have good news I got over the " bump in the road"..I now weigh 159..yeah me!! I have lost a total of 34lbs and went from XL to Med in my clothes. I feel great, did have to take your advice aj-31 I went back to 1500 calories/day and took pasta out my diet and added Insanity to my Zumba workouts. Cant wait to hear from you both...Good luck!!