What actually is a 'cup'?

2»

Replies

• volleypc
    volleypc Posts: 134 Member
    A little trivia about the male cup. It was invented in 1873 to protect the jewels. The helmet to protect head/brain injuries wasn't invented for another 21 years.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    According to Google: 8oz
  • chefkev
    chefkev Posts: 155 Member
    it depends but i use the 8oz weighted. It depends on the package of the product you're consuming. If it says ml then they suck because volume measurements are for newbs.

Actually, no, not for newbs. A "cup" of water it the same as it's weight. 8 fl oz or 8 oz by weight. The same holds true for egg whites and clarified butter. It is a culinary term.

Fluid oz measure volume, regular oz measure weight.
  • TheGsMama
    TheGsMama Posts: 80 Member
    I was going to post a pic and description of a diva cup.... Nvm.

^^^that is where I was going too!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,284 Member
    Depends if there are two girls invovled?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    What fits in my hand comfortably.
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    its forever on the serving sizes when i input my food but have no clue how much it actually means!

I'm guessing you are not in the US. Most of the measurements in the database are done in US measurements. Here's a link to a conversion site you can use for more sane measurements:
    http://www.onlineconversion.com/
    Just click on volume for liquids or weight for dry measures. Then you can convert to ml, grams, or whatever you typically you use. FWIW, we are totally lost when something is measured in grams, too. :)

HTH
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,275 Member

FINALLY! *up high bro* \m/
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    A cup is a liquid measure. It is exactly 250mL. I don't get the other amounts given at all. It is a metric measurement, 1/4 of a liter which is exactly 1000 mL, so one cup is 250mL.

1 US cup = 236.588237 ml
    A cup is not a metric measurement and in the US it is 1/4 of a Quart, not a litre.

1 US quart = 946.352946 ml
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,284 Member

FINALLY! *up high bro* \m/

hahaha Your welcome!
  • It's what male jocks use to protect their privates, I thought we were clear on this.

Here's a picture for anybody still confused:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmNBHWdUby_mbpTngwxmnLlZ-Qy0iMOHoOb5WsL11AuKDHautg

Is this 8 ounces????
  • indrani1947
    indrani1947 Posts: 178 Member
    my British measuring cup is 10 oz, our pints are bigger too..... took me ages to figure this out and if you are putting solids into a cup how loose or well packed they are can make 20% + difference