Calories to eat??????????????

Options
Ok here it goes. :o) I have been doing protein shakes for almost 6 weeks. (Visalus) I have been using myfitnesspal to keep track of my calories. It this amount of time I have lost 6 lbs (not very happy about that) but I have lost 5 inches in each my waist and hips and 3 1/2 in my bust. I am happy about the inches, but I wish I could drop a little more weight. I'm wondering if I have been eating enough. Myfitnesspal tells me that I should be eating a little over 1400 calories to lose weight. I have typically stayed with that even on the days that I have exercised. I do take a high day every week where I don't usually count my calories, I just eat more than normal. I wear a Bodybugg and it says I need to burn 2200 calories to lose weight. I typically can burn that without exercising, with just my normal daily activities as a wife and mother. So my question is do I need to some how add in calories to my log showing that I have burned the amount I need to lose. It I exercise then my daily burn total can be as high as 2800 or more. I have read that you need to take the amount of calories that you need to burn and subtract 500 from that to get the total of what calories you should be eating. If I burn 2200 on a normal non-exercising day and subtract 500 from that then that is 1700 calories. Should I eat that many calories? Also if I burn 2800 on an exercising day then I should eat 2300?
I have always been one that could lose weight so quickly, but since I had a hysterectomy last year it seems that my metabolism has slowed.
Any thoughts, and input are welcomed.

Dawn

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Myfitnesspal tells me that I should be eating a little over 1400 calories to lose weight.

It gets that from the info you provided.

If you input the exercise into your log it will increase the calories accordingly.

By "exercise" I mean stuff that isn't already taken into account in your "lifestyle" setting.